• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

A day in the city

The outfitted man stood there staring at Noboru.

"Unless you're looking to make a hot air balloon and fly us out of here, I suppose you'd better start thinking of a way to get us off this forsaken rooftop." he said after a moment, "and unless you're going to volunteer to go back down the ladder, there's no feasible way of getting back inside, now that the door is welded shut."

He pulled the shotgun up and rested it on his shoulder, his finger near the trigger.

Yuzu looked a little helpless for a few seconds.

How did he know that? Did the game put some sort of a pip on her shoulder that distinguished her as a sprite? As a Hei? Had Yoroko said something? For a moment, Yuzuki was sort of struck, not angry, but at least very indignant.

Looking rather deflated, she took the distraction that shotgun-man presented as an opportunity, and moved back over near Yoroko, where she quietly stood by and watched, trying to seem rather harmless again.

Denkou grabbed the rope that was on the roof top next to him. Tying a rock to it, he threw around a pipe on the next roof over, moving towards the group.

Nevaraon snapped back from the small doze he had fallen into. "There! A small sporting goods store, at the least we might find some weapons in there." It stood about a block away on the opposite side of the street.

Yoroko was pleased with how well Yuzuki was adapting to the game. At first she seemed like she might not handle it well, but now she was becoming more natural. It was just about that time when Noboru asked if Yuzu was a sprite. Yoroko watched shocked as Yuzuki came back looking like a beaten kitten. "It's okay. Don't listen to him, sprite or no you're still amazing Yuzuki-san." Yoroko said comfortingly as she embraced the neko and patted her on the back while glaring at Noboru. "Now, let's get to work shall we?" Yoroko said as she spun Yuzuki around and gave her a gentle push forward. "What's your plan?" Yoroko asked Noboru as she started to gather the materials.

She was embraced, which was alright all in all, then she was pushed gently, which was somewhat confusing, and then she found herself staring at a skyline. A rather long skyline. A skyline full of -

Wait, there was no skyline. It was just game sky. She made the mistake of looking down instead, and had the unfortunate opportunity to see just how deep in the shitter they were, right now. Yep. They were deep in the shitter.

Ho-boy, wait a minute, rewind here.

Yuzuki mentally rewound.

Ok, so she'd gotten a little put out by the person she'd mentally already labled Sense-san, somewhat sarcastically, and then she'd been relieved of having to deal with him by Shotgun-san, and then she'd stepped over near Mizuno-Hei, who was the only person she knew here, and had received, to whit, one hug. And granted that didn't make everything better but...

"Sporting goods?" she asked.

A sudden crash broke the still air as two filed lines of ugly, dripping beasts finally broke through the door and began to flood out on to the rooftop.

The man raised his shotgun, aimed and fired directly into the onslaught of bodies lurching towards the group, obliterating the torso of one and knocking two others down. He pumped his shotgun and fired once more, taking down two more bodies.

"How far to that store?!" he shouted back over his shoulder as he aimed for his next shot. "Someone's climbing over from that other building. Tell him to get back and everyone else cover fire as we take turns climbing the line."

Holding his shotgun with one hand he fires into the oncoming crowd as he reaches to his pocket for more shells.

Nevaraon nodded grimly as he grabbed two zombies in his upper arms before throwing both of them over the edge. "Everyone, you heard the man. Covering fire and over the line." he shouted like a commander. Then he turned to the man crossing over and yelled, "GET BACK, WE'RE COMING TO YOU!" Then he turned his attention to tossing zombies over the edge. "I'll try to hold the guys from the door off you guys."

Denkou glanced up, and upon seeing that the Zombies had broken through, quickly flipped his hands over and got back to his side, immediately turning and shooting the zombies in the head as fast as he could, seeing as his .22 had almost no stopping power. However, since he only had about twenty more rounds stuffed in his pockets, their side could get verrryyy uncomfortable, verrryyy quickly.

Nevaraon grabbed another zombie and used it to smash the others like a macabre club. "Hurry up to the other side. I can't keep this up forever." He yelled.

A breeze swept over the rooftop, ruffling hair and brushing jackets. The zombies spilling onto the roof paused as if sensing something, then most of the mob lost their heads, the noggins dropping with their next movements. The remaining undead looked down at their fallen fellows, but then continued their shambling pursuit of the players, who had just been given a bit of breathing room for their escape.

Meanwhile a there was a new shadow beyond the door the zombies were spilling from. This one wasn't the crooked silhouette of another walking corpse, but instead stood straight and stood still among the mob. Most ignored her, possibly because she had no heat or pulse if that was what the zombies sought, and looked rather like a mannequin.

Nelew nearly smiled as she watched the players devise their escape. This was a lively group and, as had been pointed out earlier, growing groups were rarely seen in the game. Nel hadn't seen any teams this large since she had started, and it was enough to make her pause before following through with her usual stalk-and-destroy tactics. Maybe this one would be fun enough to watch. Or even join. Or maybe she should separate and take them one by one?

Or...

An eyebrow lifted as other means to various ends played themselves through her mind.

A zombie lady reaching for Nelew stared at the thickly-oozing stump that used to be her hand and then looked blankly at vacant place where the pale woman had stood.

"These simulations don't seem so complicated when you're on your own", Mark thought to himself. He had often been in various other military simulations directed more towards traditional war games like the ever-popular capture and hold as well as the more standard recon missions. I suppose the change could do nothing but help widen his scope of experience and tactical strategy.

He snapped back to attention quickly and pulled one of two grenades from his pants side-pocket. Most of the group had already started making their way accross the line to the other rooftop.

As the last of their group grabbed on to the line, he peered surreptitiously from the corner of his eye at the individual standing near the oncoming mob, some of which were now quite incapacitated. She didn't seem to have any concerns about the constant swarms that seem to be coming from every direction at this point.. but she was standing with them... it looked as though like Mark didn't have much a choice if he hoped to get out alive - or not lose the game, as he thought about it.

He strapped his shotgun to his back and grabbed the line with one hand. Using his teeth, he pulled the pin from the grenade and looked back a final time towards the mob. He bowled the grenade right under the feet of the closest zombies and spun back to make his way accross the line.

As Nevaraon started to tire he looked around to see that everyone else had crossed the line. "Finally, I'm getting tired from all this swinging and bite dodging. he thought as he jumped nimbly onto the line, noting that the gravity was much less than his own homeplanet, he ran towards the opposite end of the line, stopping only to grab anyone he overcame on the line and sling them over his shoulders.

[ok, i didn't start this thread but.. can you just pick people up and throw them around? I thought this was a simulator, which would make variables pretty much equal across the board, not an actual planet of sorts. I don't know if everyone appreciates being tossed around like ragdoll's either, even if you do somehow walk across a thin wire without consequence. I wouldn't have brought this up if i felt i could have just role-played through it.]

((It's pretty much a god-mode style thing, though if the other player objects, it's not allowed of course.))

Aendri quickly popped of three of his last ten rounds, and looked over at the others. "I don't know about you, but I'm just about out of ammo, so I think we need to get moving."

"Calm down, Yoroko." Noboru said as he sat on the roof and tossed an empty glass bottle down on a zombie's head.

"Besides, it was just a question. Not like I'm some kind of horrible puppy-killing Neko hater anymore..."

She was running....just running..she was a normal person yet she seen the zombies..she was scared ..her blond hair swaying in the stinky wind of rotting flesh ..she looked over at the tall building before her she started to run..she was really scared hopefully someone would rescue her after all she was part of the police force..she left everything behind when she saw those things..She came at the door and opened it and walked in and started climbing up to the top..

RPG-D RPGfix
Back