• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Dominator-Type: A Next-Generation Mishhuvurthyar

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Looks scary! Great addition.

Question. I remember reading somewhere about a new variant of the the Mishhu ability to infect its host. Like it corrupts the DNA of its host so that there is no way to stop it. Since it's a new thing, no cure has been developed yet. Does this new creature poses that ability? If so, a explanation of how it effects its host should be added.

Also would you say these are mass produced beings or more elite? I realized a lot of it is up to the GM but like would it make sense to encounter 100 or 10 at once?

Andrew wrote a great article for a Mishhu virus, which may be what you're thinking of. I linked it on the page of the Next Generation Mishhuvurthyar, and yes, they will have the ability to infect targets with it or other viruses. The explanation of the effects is on the page.

I encourage GMs to use them solo or in small groups and always make them a challenge. Mishhuvurthyar will often build personal guards of infected creatures (SMX) or indoctrinated soldiers (NMX especially) that can be used by GMs as the mass-produced mooks.

Yes, that's the article I was thinking of. That is scary. I'm looking forward to using them in the future. It think that this will be a great addition to the Mishhu.

Ame said that the Next Generation Mishhuvurthyar should be a term that also includes the recently-submitted Enhanced-Type Mishhuvurthyar so in consideration for her work I've renamed this to the Dominator-Type Mishhuvurthyar to be more specific. I've expanded the history section as well and added links to RPs where it appeared so far.

I really like the level of detail and ingenuitive design. Thanks for working with me on these guys and since people are excited to use them and I'm excited to see them out of Resurgence, going to go ahead and give a stamp of Approval.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back