• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Hello world

aitoseigi

🔰 New Member
What do you call yourself?
Fujiko usually works. Much nicer than a more unique usename.
How'd you find Star Army? What interested you in joining?
Dearly departed Cecily mentioned it to me, and after a year or so she finally talked me into joining. Then I dragged my heels far too long after that, and only now am I really pulling the trigger. Better late than never?

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
I've done lots of MUSH and IRC-based chat. I don't remember ever doing forum-based RP so this will be a bit new to me.
Any previous experiences you want to share?

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? I don't think I've ever played a male character
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? Planned in the sense that I like knowing I'm doing an RP on Thursday night. Spontaneous because I don't like to hammer out too many details on what's going to happen.
  • Military or civilian characters? I've played both and both can be fun.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? I tend toward human and human adjacent. I'm not comfy playing, say, scalies or avians. I never thought about it before, but while a cetacean character would be neat, just interacting with non-aquatic characters would be a bit bothersome.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? Both!
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? As mentioned before, real-time is the sort I have more experiene with. Being as I'm an Adult with adult responsibilities and a full time job I suspect forum posts may fit my schedule better.
On an ascending scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 1, while the occasional potty mouthed character can be, well, in character, I'm not too fond of profanity for profanity's sake.
  • Violence: 1, admittedly I am not really much for action-based RP, at least when I'm the one who has to do the actions. But I also draw a line between "clean" space combat, which is violent but in a certain sort of clinical way, and "dirty" hand to hand combat, with all the blood and guts that implies.
  • Sexuality: 2, while certainly I can be comfy with 3, it's not (usually) the only reason I'm playing, and sometimes it just gets in the way of the actual storytelling.
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
A classic Sorkin-style walk and talk.

Welcome to Star Army! We are happy to have you here. If there is anything you need help with or if you have questions just ask! There are plenty of super helpful people with lots of knowledge to assist you on your journey.

I'm happy to have you here! Let me know if you need anything at all or have questions!

I know you said no scalies or birds, but what about foxes?

Other than that welcome to the site, if you're interested in more info im happy to discuss, i only ask as im always looking for more players in a certain plot of mine!

@aitoseigi A navigator-type pilot on first shift (most requirement), A tactical-type pilot on second shift (less requirement), and the counselor (least requirement, even though i took the slot off the OP)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back