• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Just how good are Zesuaium blades?

Fred

Retired Staff
Zesuaium (probably pronounced Ze-su-aium): Zesuaium is a nonporous gray substance which does not conduct any form of electromagnetic radiation, including heat and electricity. It neither bends nor breaks, but will remain in a solid piece. The fabrication of Zesuaium takes place factory starships, where a certain substance is molded in the shape desired, and then is transmuted into the fixed Zesuaium form. The properties of Zesuaium are related to time energy.

Most likely the hardest material in the SARP. Typically serves as warship hull plating, framework and blast shutters. It's also used as base material for some bladed weapons, such as the Ketsurui Samurai katanas.

I also recall that ships can be fitted with transparent Zesuaium to make 'windows'. That said, it'd be possible to have translucent zesuaium blades as well, right?

Now, what I'm wondering is just what sort of nice, nifty thing can you do with a Zesuaium blade? Of course it not being breakable by anything shy of exposure to aether and anti-matter is nice... but just what else can it do? If I remember my Mohs scale of mineral hardness right, as diamonds are used to cut other diamonds, it could be possible for a zesuaium blade to even cut at actual zesuaium armor (with probably as much effectiveness as a knife hacking at ice: effective if it's a thin sheet... but probably a waste of time from anything thicker).

So, given this, what can Zesuaium blades really do? Cleave through mechas... like slicing through a Mindy power armor's zesuaium armguard? Sunder through a blast shutter? Chop through a electrical cable without fearing to be shocked? Stick the sword in molten lava and expect it not to melt?

Also, Zesuaium blades would typically be a dark grayish color, right?

Displacement
1. A vector or the magnitude of a vector from the initial position to a subsequent position assumed by a body.
2. The weight or volume of a fluid displaced by a floating body, used especially as a measurement of the weight or bulk of ships.

If you slash a something and that is causes a scatch on the surface, it means a slender furrow was dug within the substance with the material formerly there pushed to each sides. That is why I - accurately - use the word 'displace'.

One disadvantage of a Zesuaium blade is that, because it doesn't have any "give" to it, it passes any force applied to it directly and completely to its user, possibly after translateing it to a torque. You need inhumanly strong arm and grip to handle a Zesuaium blade effectively.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back