• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Senate: Misc Senate vote - Future of the convicted Tatiana and Anisa

Gamerofthegame

Inactive Member
Maysaki called for a irregular senate meeting in the wake of the Tatiana and Anisa protests.

"... Senate members..." She began, looking slightly hesitant, "... As you probably know, there were protests in Tatiana and Anisa against the various actions against the Freestate, which won't be spoke about here." She smiled gently, "These protests were mostly non-violent, although a good deal of them used graffiti or damaged property to send protest messages. This is against the law, especially on Tatiana... Though... We're hesitant on sentencing them to prison, as save for the actual damages, like to road ways when they dug in messages, all of it largely reversible. We've actually had them cleaning it all up..."

With a pause, she continued, "So... Basically, I am asking, as we in the region can't come to a actual verdict and it is one of the empire laws anyway, If we should let the protesters go free, or at least get a fine instead of being sentenced to prison..."

ADMIN: Original Response Retconned. I will make a new response later.

Roxanne spoke quietly. She looked rather haggard.

"Fines are enough. They spoke their minds, even if it wasn't in the best way possible, and there was little harm done. Addressing their concerns seems more important than punishing them for speaking."

Aegis looked thoughtful for a time before she spoke on the matter. "So long as they repair what damages were caused, and issue an apology for their conduct, and only their conduct, then they should be pardoned. But, by no means should anyone take their repairs and apology for their conduct as them taking back their feelings which they tried to express."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back