• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Mecha/Power Armor Tech available?

Skhaal

Inactive Member
Alright, I have started working on a new Power Armor design as my character it too tall to fit in a Phalanx armor as a recruit of the Star Army of Yamatai, but of course it is still under development so let's get to the point. Alright Im having a hard time finding out what tach is available to corporations non-yamatai related or in question form...

What Power armor/Mecha Tech is available for Corporations non-yamatai related?

Ok, first off please check your posts for spelling and grammar.

As far as technology goes the restricted technologies are only restricted so long as you are under Yamatai's rule. If you are outside that (IE independent planet/corporation/whatever) then any technology is available that you can justify working under the laws of physics and suspension of disbelief. That includes nanomachines, Zero Point Energy technology, nuclear reactors, UHV weapons, Wormhole and hyperspacesque drives, and a wide range of weapons and armor if you are willing to look them up and demonstrate you have a proper understanding of how they work.

If you are a Yamatai controlled entity (planet, corp, person, whatever) then you fall under decree 10 which is as follows:

10. No person or organization is allowed to use restricted military or corporate technologies or enter restricted military areas without authorization. The Empire will come down on any violators VERY harshly.

Restricted Military Areas include, but are not limited to:
Military States (Such as Melanchol, Geshrintall)
Newly-discovered planets and systems on the YSE's borders

Restricted Technologies include, but are not limited to:
Nekovalkyrja
HSCS
TDD
RDD
Aether Weaponry
Transposition Cannons
Scalar Weapons
ST/SS Tech.
Technology involved in the creation of Zesuaium.
Interdictor Devices

I know what's restricted, however this does not really answer my question. I have looked at as much Power Armor/Mecha as possible that have been listed Under Starships and Mecha. However I cannot find a list or archive of Unrestricted Weaponry, Systems or Possibly unlisted metals which brings me back to my original problem. I checked under NovaCorp but Weaponry wasn't clearly defined for what purpose it would be used for i.e. No-TC-1a "holey' aka NovaCorp Rotary Cannon which I think is actually a turret. I would have thought NovaCorp would have had more than two Mecha weapons but I have yet to see others.

Plus i have seen that already. I have seen all Illegal tech but I can't seem to locate enough Legal Tech to make the power armor.

any technology is available that you can justify working under the laws of physics and suspension of disbelief

If you aren't willing to design your own power armor then write a modification for an exsisting armor to account for your character's size.

Suspension of disbelief eliminates a lot of armors. His character is 6'7" -- KFY and Phoenix Aerospacy aren't going to make an armor for his size that's space worthy. Should he just ask for a modified Super Phalanx and POOF! there it is?

Most corporations would be happy to make a product if you write them a stat sheet for it. A simple, taller, vertion of any power armor would easily pass tech approval and would most likely be put into production by a corporation such as Phoenix or KFY.

Now that I think about it. NDI power armors are custom built on the spot to conform to their user's size.

Size limits are determined by the manufacturer, it is a choice made by the corporation. If they don't want to include a size limit then they need to either use the NDI technology or back-engineer it for themselves.

So wait... if my Miles character were to write to Novacorp, WickedArms, or some other company... he could get himself a Kylie equiped with four missle pods on the legs, two 50mm cannons on the shoulders, a scalar projector on the upper arm, quad forearm aether projectors, and a rear attachment port to be compatable with Mindy armor accessories, and an additional LAMIA style shield?

You're friggin joking me.

If the rest of my conversation with Uso made sense, all a character has to do is go to the engineering department on an Iori or a starship with production facilities and say, "Hey. I can't use a standard xxxxx. Make one a bit XXXXX, will ya?" And voila, instant gratification.

DocTomoe said:
So wait... if my Miles character were to write to Novacorp, WickedArms, or some other company... he could get himself a Kylie equiped with four missle pods on the legs, two 50mm cannons on the shoulders, a scalar projector on the upper arm, quad forearm aether projectors, and a rear attachment port to be compatable with Mindy armor accessories, and an additional LAMIA style shield?

You're friggin joking me.
Don't you remember how EXTREMELY dedicated to customer service KFY is? They'd practicaly give you a house, car, and a wife if you browsed their starships, lol.

NovaCorp loves to help people, at least it loves the oppurtunity to develop more technology ... it's sort of hard to work out which one's dominant. As such, asking NovaCorp for something is very likely to get it done. Even faster if they allow Ephesus access ... but he does strange things to tech, strange, wonderful things.

Alright

Let me rephrase the question...

I need a list of Mecha and Power Armor weaponry and Systems available for a Independant Military Grade Power Armor manufacturing and Design Company.

If you are looking to use components from other corporations to build your power armor you won't run into patent regulations however the issue of 'patenting' equipment in SA is usualy carried out by that corporation's military. Don't think you are going to be able to just slap together parts from elsewhere to make something new.

What I should say is I need a list or source that lists every non-restricted Power Armor Weapon System. I had to nearly scrap my last idea until I thought of a new design for it. Im just having a hard time finding a solid list of weapon and system tech I can use without looking through 17+ pages of results on the forum search and finding nothing.

No such list exists. The closest thing would probably be the approved technologies forum, minus the restricted technologies.

The technologies available would entirely depend on the organization making the item, anyway.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back