• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Always hopeful, yet discontent

Z

Zack

The City of FEIN, Capital Building

It had been nearly a week since the first attempt at a meeting.

Luckily the first time, Ty and Frank managed to not kill anyone while aggressively covering Uso and Kyro's retreat. Kyro's sickness also had dissipated, but the thought of space-germs was already stuck in everyone's head.

In only a few days, disease had broken out in FEIN. Many people were getting sick. Few people were getting better. What had started as a simple cold seemed to have escalated into fevers. By the end of the week soldiers were in the streets enforcing a curfew. Perhaps this was the reason that their government was so eager to see Kyro and Uso return for a discussion.

The pair of them were led into main meeting room by the man in the black coat... a man whom they still had yet to get a name for.

"You know, we never got your name," Uso said, pointing towards the 'some level of commanding officer responsible for keeping them from doing any damage'.

"That is correct." He responded, turning to face the pair, "I expect no surprises this time, and no sudden movements. If I feel that our saftey is in danger at any time I will have my soldiers fire upon you."

"Bullets don't work on me bud," Uso's response was short, her arms cross, the space-empress eager to be done with this part already.

"I will find that out for myself if I need to," The black coated man responded, getting a slight smile out of Uso in the process.

Kyro, following next to Uso. Had his normal blank expression on his face. He walked with a purpose and had his hands firmly planted on his lower back, keeping his back straight and his chest out. He remarked, “Well, I certainly know that I can perish. Therefore.” He glared at Uso then turned back forward, “Let’s keep this professional.”

While stating this, Kyro was devising a plan to spot out who in the room needed to be eliminated quickly. He needed to know who he can and cannot use in the Sure to come war between him and the planet. He knew he had leverage over the current food crisis. Now with the quarantine and curfews taking affect, he had a much better chance of changing minds.

The man with the black coat would do his best to hold back a smile, "I will let my men know to ration their ammo if they need to shoot you. Do not further waste my time..."

He would turn his attention towards his nation's leaders,

"TASUKI, USO AND KYRO-VEK DRAGUUN." He announced.

"GLAD TO MEET YOU!" Uso shouted, matching the black coat'd man's volume. "This should be an easy conversation. We've got everything you need, an unbeatable army, weapons that can flatten cities, we can make food rain from the skys, we have medicine and immortality. I also know what you're thinking, yes I want stuff too and yes I'm not just giving this all away for free. This is the best deal you and your people are going to get, and you're going to get plenty of profit off the whole thing.

So can we work together? Or are you going to make this difficult?"

Kyro facepalmed and sighed. While most of the leaders just stare at her.

Violet, holding back her excitement stated in a serious tone. “Now now, I’m sure there’s no need for violence here. Please have a seat, I’d like to know who we’re dealing with...”

King McGurie later back in his chair, quite relaxed gazing upon the foreigners. With a smile on his face he said, “It seems we have a princess from the sky. Judging by her poster and how she presented herself. However... you interage me... you must have usurped that power. Since you lack refinement.” He turned to Kyro and loses his smile. “And I assume you would be... Mr. Draguun Yes? I’ve received very... interesting reports on your behavior...”

President Yui would cut him off, “THIS man is the one who caused the plague! He should be executed for his crimes! There is no negotiation if he is not brought to justice! On top of that! He has sparked rebellions and deserters within the military! Peaceful arrival my tiny ass!”

Supreme Leader Hader had a rather impressed look on his face looking at both Uso and Kyro. “I must say, only taking 1 day to spot out multiple weaknesses within Fahen, that takes skill. I think you and I will get along just fine Mr. Draguun.” Turning to Uso, “I’m getting the sense that you are a woman of class... let me take you to my lands. There’s a military parade where we test our newest explosives.”

All the while, King Questberg remained silent. Glaring back and forth between Uso and Kyro. He wasn’t too sure as what this meeting should come to. But he was there to learn about them.

"That was just some bad food earlier, this could be some entirely new space-disease... the important take away is that I have a ship the size of a small town hovering above this city full of medical supplies, and another one that is only about an hour away that only handles large scale medical emergencies."

Uso would step forward, putting her hands on the table and leaning over it. Not bothering to sit down,

"I get it, you people have never been wealthy. Not like me of course, not like people who are truly wealthy. You all have some currency you're trading in that just ain't important to me.

You!" Uso said, pointing over at Hader, "Value military force,

And you," her fingers pointing over at Yui, "Seem to value the lives of your people

And that guy," Uso pointed at McGuire, "Maybe his think is what? Refinement? Good food? People catering to your whims? That one back there" Uso pointed at Violet finally, "Seems to value not having her bones pulled out of her body in the most painful ways imaginable.

I have a surplus of ALL of that stuff. I've got so much military power that I'd gladly trade away planet-busters just to save a little time. The only currency that matters to me right now is Progress. I want you people uplifted, on the grand stage, working happily alongside my crew with my LT Kyro here running the show.

So lets cut the crap.

What do you need for your governments to start working with us?"

As Violet goes to say something, Yui and Hader both stand up out of fury. Yui shouts, “You date state that we give up our power for You! A small bitch with nothing to claim but some fancy words and a tank that floats?! Pathetic! Your small town of fighters could never stand against our massive forces!”

Hader seemed less pleased than before. “This is quite the predicament, I thought better. I guess it’s war.”

Violet sighed, “My apologize, but I cannot accept such an outlandish claim. It will be war if this is the only way you seek.”

McGurie shakes his head, “I will not fall in line to a wench that spews nonsense.”

King Questberg looks to Kyro, who seemed to know the threat. He stood, the whole room going quiet as he gestured to Kyro. “Lieutenant Draguun, If I may...” He walked around the table with his white and golden robes and looked up to Kyro as he approached him. “You seem awfully quiet for a man whom has arrived at a meeting of this caliber. Speak your mind young man. I wish to hear it...”

Kyro looked down to Questberg and stated, “She does not lie of the equipment she brings, however... I am not one to jump to conflict. Vocal diplomacy is always an option with civilized men and women. While you have no reason to trust me your Leaderships. I will inform you of the capability for me to simply take half of your forces and convert them to me. And with this epidemic... it’s clear who will have the most influence.”

"Ok, I have to admit, this is also kinda a training exercise for Kyro here. Kinda proud of my-boy here... it wasn't that long ago that his planet was far worse off than yours. Now his people have abundant homes, parties, entertainment, technology, medicine... Really he's the only thing keeping me from showing off my weapons... so... hold up,"

Uso would turn to Kyro,

"I'll let you do whatever, but now would really be a great time for us to drop a bomb... could totally detonate it high in the air so it doesn't hurt anyone... just make some pretty lights in the sky.

Come ooooon...."

Ty would respond over comms to uso "I'm in position ma'am if I may why don't you introduce Frank I'm sure he can prove to their military that they can benefit from your services"

Kyro slowly turned down and looked at Uso, "I would find such an action befitting. I say you should, give them something to consider." For the first time in a while, he cracked a smile. Kyro has been waiting a long time to do military excersises. Now is when he can enjoy the show.

Questberg looked down to Uso and said, "A bomb, in the air? You must have some precision to detonate something that high."

Yui quickly intervened as she grew ever more impatient. "Are you saying that you side with these... CRIMINALS?!? If you are then it shall become another war with you!"

Kyro shook his head and chuckled looking around the room, "I don't think you understand. I know about your most recent war between all you five. I also know about the crippling destruction it brough upon your industies on your boarders, and how fortunate you are to have more within your territories. However, You will find that you won't last long against me. For I have faced greater odds against me than this." He gave a smirk of confidence, "I will be the one whom will win this, don't think I won't complete my mission. By any means necessary..." He said in a rough low tone.

The room fell into a tense silence and Yui and Hader got up and left the room, only leaving the three royal leaders left. Violet, nervously stood and looked at the behemoth of a man and said, "W-well sir, it seems to me that you and your... friend here. Have everything planned out. I must take my leave... but I hope that we remain..." She cut herself off not knowing what to say to this kind of situation. "May the best man win. As they put it." She then left the room in a hurry.

McGurie sighed in relief as they left, leaving only himself and Questberg as the only leaders remaining in the room. He glanced over at the three and sighed. "You know my old friend... I do not wish to see war like you. However, if these strangers do promise a better life. I would not mind joining."

Questberg looked back at McGurie and said, "Yes, my country is far too small to be of any significant help. However, our mountainous terrain might provide a decent Head Headquarters if you wish. I see how they run their countries. It's discusting how they treat their people. I'm putting my trust that you two can fix that. Would I be correct in this..." He said looking back at the two.

“Hey Ty, what kinda bullets is Frank’s armor raited against? These guys just have some low velocity metal... might make a good show to have Frank tank some rounds.” Uso said over the all hands channel before cutting over to her direct line to the Pumpkin Eater.

“Hey guys, need an air burst above my location. Maximum yield you can manage without actually hurting anything in the ground. We’re going for light-show not crater.”

Uso would turn just in time to catch the other leaders leaving, “YOU’RE MISSING OUT!” She shouted, “JUST CALL ME WHEN YOURE READY TO DEAL!”

“This is ridiculous. This is the kinda event that happens once ever. Real take destiny into your hands stuff.... they just want to live out old fueds and...”

It was then that the anti-ship missile went off above the planet. The blast being of a magnitude that was difficult for people to comprehend. The light itself was just like a flashbulb, infinitely bright for just a moment... so bright that it was the only light-source in the sky, crowding out even the planet’s star as it were the only thin in the sky. Even after the blast, the light levels would take a while to lower as if someone was slowly turning the dimmer switch back down to normal. Then the waves of radiation hit the planet’s atmosphere. While they were harmlessly absorbed and reflected, they still pushed around a lot of energy, creating colorful green and blue lights over the entire sky.

Ty responded " uh his body armor can tank most small arms and some low calaver rifle rounds"

Kyro looked out the window and could see the explosion and gave a small grin. While the other two Kings looked outside with their jaws dropped. They remained silent as the explosion happened. The pure intensity alone made then dumbfounded.

Questberg simply closed his mouth and turned back and took a knee to them, "I swear on my family. I shall be your vessel." McGurie following behind stating, "You have my sworn loyalty." Both were driven by fear and respect for the two.

"Great! Lets get your people some food and medicine." Uso said, "Kyro here will be your liaison, anything you need you can go through him. He'll make sure that this whole thing goes well for everyone... speaking of,

HEY KYRO! WHAT NEXT?"

Kyro asked Uso, "You wouldn't happen to have any infultraion units would you? Spreading propaganda will help further instability in these corrupted factions. Further helping our war quicker and easier. We sh-" *BOOM*

A large chunk of the wall fell in from a tank shell that hit the building. The two kings jumped up to there feet surprised and caught off guard by the attack. Kyro quickly retorted, "We need to be evacuated safely with these two or else we loose everything." He grabbed the comms from around his neck and placed them on his head turning them on, "We need evac in Fien, capital building. Multiple armored vehicles and infantry outside. Two VIPs along with Uso and I. Hurry." He put it back around his neck and grabbed both of the men and headed for the Exit.

Outside the building there were two tank platoons outside the capital. There were about 80 of them surrounding the Building with about 300 troops upon immediate arrival.

Would be smoking a cigarette with Frank
Frank shook his head "you know you have a addiction problem when you're smoking threw your oxigen system" Frank said nagging to. Ty who just brushed it off
As stupid banter "yah well-"
Ty was cut off when the tank fired him and Frank jumping two their feet

As their comms Burt's to life requesting evac Frank looks to Ty "you handle the armor I'll take on the infantry let's see if we can lead enough away from them" Ty nodded and set up his rifle

As Frank would wait for ty to make a few shots before flanking the infantry threw a allyway

Ty sat up there zeroing in his rifle ant fires **boom boom**
He fires two separate shots in quick succession aiming for a tanks treads and main body feeling confident that the depleted uranium dart would cleave threw

Frank on the other hand had begun firing 200 rounds from behind a group of infantry he would keep his gun supresser on while doing this

INSIDE

"Take heading 180," Uso said, pointing south as she headed towards the wall north of her. She only needed to peak for a fraction of a second, her eyes scanning over the surroundings, her digital mind recording everything, and her link to her datapad streaming that information back up to the ship. Uso was going to work, her usually loudness being replaced by speed, grace, and silence, picking up one of the VIPs along the way and shoving him towards the man in the black coat.

"IF THIS IS SOME KIND OF TRAP," The black coated man shouted, "SOLDIERS, COME TO THEFNNngmm..."

Even as he drew his revolver, Uso was already snatching it with one hand and covering his mouth with the other. She'd use the appropriate hand signals to indicate

'SHUT UP'

'YOU'

'FOLLOW ME'

Uso's cat-like ears would raise up, sweeping around as she moved towards the door to the room, quickly checking it before passing through into the hallway. She wasted no time trying to deal with the soldiers rushing towards the oncoming tanks, instead merely confirming that they weren't going to try and shoot at her before moving on.

She trusted that her hangers-on could handle the rest.

----

OUTSIDE

Local soldiers were getting ready to repell the attack. They lacked heay anti-tank weaponry... having only a few cannons in a nearby tower which had already its upper floors reduced to rubble. Soldiers would take place in windows or along the parts of the wall that remained, trying to shoot out the optics on the tanks to slow them down as they waited for someone to show up with anti-tank grenades.

Of course, Ty and Frank would have a much easier time. Their space-age weapons were more than enough to cut through the simple steel of these tracked tanks. Ty's darts detracking the first tank, causing it to come to a halt in the courtyard after it had already passed through the main wall. The machine guns on the top and side turrets continuing to rake over the government building's windows.

Frank's machine gun fire would start chewing into the metal on the front of that tank. Each shot chipping away until the front started to crumple inwards. Crew were already starting to bail out of the rear hatch by the time the bullets pierced through.

*THUNK*

The top of the tank would suddenly crumple like an invisible giant had just stepped on it. There would be a slight delay between this sight reaching frank, and the sound of the round's arrival filling the air.

The following blast sent metal shards flying out in all directions, cutting down soldiers on both sides who happened to be standing in the open.

Then the sound of the U1 making a rapid pass overhead could be heard. Uso had already queue'd up the next few airstrikes. Two more tanks inside of the courtyard would explode, followed by a fourth that was trying to crawl through the hole in the walls surrounding the government building. The shrill shreak of mini-missiles arriving would be followed by a smoke-screen being deployed between the tanks and the building itself.

But there were still plenty more tanks.

More cannon shots would open further holes in the wall, allowing the first of the remaining tanks to start pushing through.

---

SPACE (sorta)

"DATAJACK! GET OVER HERE! WE'RE HEADING DOWN TO THE PLANET EARLY!"

The Nepleslian man shouting at him was Green Bean, a former Nepleslian Marine turned member of the Ragnarok PMC. The backstory behind his callsign was less important than the fact that he was there to make sure Datajack didn't die. After all, Datajack had been brought on-board to help document information about this newly discovered planet and their antique technology.

They had been waiting onboard the 'Pumpkin Eater, a large freighter that Uso used for her operations, for the go ahead to come down. However due to events unfolding on the surface they would need to head down sooner rather than later.

"The Cat is in trouble. Looks like the locals took to her charming personality and decided to start shooting. I suspect you'll see plenty of interesting things down there. She was supposed to be headed to their government building... kinda hoping they got some kinda big library there."

Green Bean was wearing power armor, though he had taken the time to put a utility harness on over the armor as well as dull the exterior surfaces. There were only a handful of other soldiers loading in through the side door of the shuttle, though it seemed like most of the firepower would be coming from the mini-tanks rolling up beside them.

A scruffy-looking Freespacer half-stumbled into the shuttle, their clothes in a such a state of disarray that it suggested he hurried in his preparations. The person in question was Datajack Stratus, who had just heard their name being shouted and rushed like their life depended on it, which it most likely did.

"Y-Yes sir." the shortish Freespacer squeaked, their voice sounding rough and mechanical due to cheap voice synthesis "Datajack reporting for deployment."

They did a sort of quick salute military salute, but whether it was sincere or not may as well be a mystery. But that was less noticeable when compared to the look of excitement in their eyes, something which had not been seen their entire time on the Pumpkin Eater. It may just be the rush of adventure, but most likely because they heard the mention of a library.

Stratus was wearing their usual attire, grey shorts that didn't quite fit and beige jacket that fit even less, although the jacket's pockets were nearly bursting at their seams, stuffed full of what one could assume were the storage drives that Stratus owned.

Capital Building
Kyro lead the two Kings down the hall after Uso. He was extremely calm for such a situation. The shells still hitting the building in the windows and in seemingly random locations. They came across the main stairwell which was hosting an ongoing firefight between the limited Troops from the kings escorts and the massive amounts of DRF infantry flooding the entrance.

Kyro shoved the two kings behind a wall to not get shot at, him ducking with them. Kyro then slung his IBR off of his shoulder then put his comms back on his head. “Large forces in the entrance, outnumbering about 3 to 1. Small explosive devices like he adds are recommended and requested at the Capital building.”

Coming from around the corner Kyro leaned out and began firing down at the enemy soldiers shooting multiple in the chest before ducking behind the wall and reloading.

The DRF infantry soon realized there were more and started to pull back outside and gain cover. Some of them lagging behind giving cover fire. As this is going on the kings’ escorts made their way to the upper levels bypassing Kyro to protect their monarchs.

Courtyard

As Ty and Frank assaulted the enemy forces along with the hover tanks. Their technology being far superior compared to the primitive technology of the DRF. The DRF Tanks split and begin to open fire upon the two men with their large caliber rounds. While the other half went to assault the Prototype Hover tanks. Leaving the Capital building to be besieged by the remaining infantry.

As the tanks mobilized. The DRF combat engineers started to set up sand bags on the top of buildings and perching their machine guns. They also opened fire on the two men. Vastly overwhelming the air with bullets.

Ty felt a rush like no other this is what he missed the thrill of battle they didn't call him reaper for nothing

Frank would hear kyro call over the calms "reaper they need assistance!"
**Boom**
"7 8 9"

Frank yells again "ty they need help"

Ty would respond with "then go assist them these guys times are up and I hate to keep them waiting"

Frank nodded and made his way to kyro dodging and weaving threw bullet fire most of which would just chip away at his armor before he burst threw a crumbling wall to open up suppressing fire near kyro to draw enemy's position

Ty would keep counting his kills "10 11 12"
He sees a tank turn it's gun to him to fire ty smiles and pulls the trigger

If he had any color to lose it be gone right now for as he pulled the trigger the forboading click of empty designated in his eyes as the tank fired hitting his position as two more tanks joined in the fire

Onlookers could see Ty's position get blown sky high

Shuttle

"You don't have to say Sir, this isn't the NMSC."

The shuttle's takeoff felt nearly motionless. The inertial dampeners making the interior feel steady even as the engines were pushed to their maximum. A sonic boom trailing behind the craft as it headed right for the government building, retro rockets slowing them down to bring them in to a hover just above the main structure.

"This might not be the best first impression of what we do..." Green bean said, bringing up the images of the government building on the external screens. "... but really, its better than Nepleslians killing Nepleslians... All the exploding might do this place some good. 'Course, figuring out what's going on here and helpiing us put it all back together. I think that's going to be on you,"

The shuttle would start to slowly circle as they looked for a landing spot, the large side doors opening up. Green Bean would input some commands on the datapad on his wrist, sending the mini-tanks out one by one.

"We might not get another chance to poke around their government building while they are distracted. What kinda records are you looking for Datajack?"

The shuttle itself would push its nose up against the Government building on the same floor that Uso and the other were. The front assult ramp opening up so that they could disembark directly into the building. Two of the soldiers on the shuttle heading down to secure the bottom of the ramp, finding all sorts of soldiers in various outfits runninig about down there making it impossible to tell who was on who's side.

Capital Building
"We only need to keep them safe. More of our forces will arrive soon to..."

"Yeah yeah," Uso said, tossing the gun she took back over to the black coated man as she started to unzip her bodysuit. "I'm still pretty sure those bullets can't hurt me... like a solid 65%. Kyro. Otherguy. Give me about a minute then..."

*CRUNCH*

The shuttle Uso had called for crashed its nose through one of th e Government Building's walls. The main ramp opening out onto the same floor. Nearly a dozen soldiers from both sides were inbetween them.

*SECOND CRUNCH*

Yet another wall was turned into a doorway by Frank's sudden arrival as he charged through.

"Once it's clear, just run to the shuttle. Lets get the VIPs out of here before this building collapses." Uso had taken off her bodysuit, her body switching on its active cammo to leave her nearly insivible... except for her eyes. The NH-7 series catgirl hurrying off into the hallway to start manual removal of vital parts from people who had too many.

For now Kyro, The Black Coated Man, the Kings, and Frank had a somewhat secure position in a short hallway, but there was fighting on both sides. Stray bullets flying down the hallway from both directions were sure to hit someone if they tried to go out from their safe closet-like area.

Courtyard

Soon a ring of the hover-tanks were in place around the Coutyard. Their weapon platforms first attempting to fry the incoming tanks with their EMP systems... however the analog tanks weren't vulnerable to electronic attack. Soon after they would use their automatic cannons. The automated turrets quickly selecting their targets and putting dozens of rounds on target before switching tot he next tank and continuing. It would only take seconds for the exposed vehicles to have their turrets and treads ripped away

The tanks would then sweep their guns over the locals. However since they lacked any data on who was who, they would hold off on shooting.

There seemed to be a mixture of soldiers in grey, brown, and black coats all shooting at one another. These were all soldiers, all belonging either to the local security for the building, the visiting military, or the attackers.

Then Ty's position exploded. The part of the tower he was on crumpled.

Though the tanks above couldn't tell who was who among the locals. Ty certainly was watched over a bit more closely. The tank that had destroyed the tower would quickly end up as a fireball. Local soldiers in Brown coats would soon scurry over to Ty's position, looking to take his rifle and whatever ammo he had on him... only for one of the hover tanks to come crashing down around them, moving so that its four 'legs' were forming a bit of cover around Ty's position... scaring off the soldiers for the time being.

Unfortunately, being a tank, it lacked the appendages needed to dig Ty out from the rubble.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back