• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Mission to Aeshantal: Andvari Fragment

Tim

Inactive Member
The planet of Aeshantal. A primarily land planet, it is sparsely populated by Geshrin and Neplislians that live in a strange mix of primitive and futuristic technology.

The planet is optimal for growing plants and for machining. While trade from Aeshantal is beginning to take off, there seems to be a black market society that is flourishing as well. Commercial shipping has been attacked and supply depots raided.

A very basic description of the local system of government is as follows. The planet has a loose confederation of societies. Each territory (or fragment in the local terminology) retains its individual sovreignty and decisions are made only with unanimous agreement. While this tends to make change extremely slow, it also leads to greater differentiation between the differents fragments.

The fragment that is most suspected of housing black market activities is called Andvari. This fragment has two major cities and three minor cities surrounded by largely uninhabited grasslands roamed by the local fauna. The two major cities are Vathir and Volund. The are located approximately 16 miles apart at their closest points. Vathir is rougly northwest of Volund. Vathir is the rowdier of the two cities. With only a minimal force to keep the citizens from chaos, the atmosphere resembles that of a bar where everyone has had too much to drink. Volund, on the other hand, is more productive. Shipping out low quality, but mass produced manufactured goods, Volund specializes in trade with the rest of the fragments and is one of the reasons that Andvari exists still. The three smaller cities are more rural in nature and are named Gartal, Fayl, and Kallvie. These cities are all within 10 miles of the larger cities, usually connected by a small path or gravel road.

The Mission:

Discover from the local populace the location of the black market headquarters/command.

Secondary Goals:

If it is feasible, destroy it.

Information given to those who accept the mission:

Preliminary investigation has triangulated activities to Andvari and more specifically the city of Vathir.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The preceding information has been sent out to both Star Army and into the open network of freelance agents.

The Team:

A team of 5 Star Army volunteers and 2 freelance agents has been sent to the planet aboard a Ki-T2-1b shuttle. The volunteers have been given combat pay and have been promised recognition if the mission is successful. The bounty hunters have been told that pay is dependent on the success of the mission, with 5000KS as a minimum and no maximum.

Star Army

Isen Kelsey E5 Nitô Heisho
Heather Locke (Medic) E2 Nitô Hei
Marjorie Hunt (Infantry) E6 Ittô Heisho
Ian McConley (Infantry) E3 Ittô Hei
Brian Sheats (Infantry) E3 Ittô Hei

Free agents

Adrik Aldaraes
Blaze Tecmo (Bio found under NPC)

Equipment:

The team was given 144 standard Star Army rations, a reverse osmosis water purifier, a WickedArms TA-17 survival kit, and a WickedArms TA-13 field surgery kit. Weaponry is one GP-5b (to be used by Star Army personnel only), 3 GP-1a rifles, one GP-12, one GP-7 combat automatic shotgun, 3 bowie knives, and GP-3 pistol for the commanding Star Army soldier.

Official command of the unit will be assumed by the highest Star Army soldier present.

Beginning of the mission:

The team's landing just north of Vathir went smoothly and the supplies were offloaded quikly. The team was then assembled by Marjorie before they set out.

Stepping forward in front of the group with a serious look, Marjorie looked at each of the 4 Star Army soldiers quickly and then turned and examined the mercenaries closely.

"I suppose this will have to do."

She then passed out the weapons, handing Kelsey the GP-5b sniper rifle, Brian the GP-12 Phased Pulse rifle, the three GP-1a 7.62 rifles to herself, Heather and Ian. She handed the shotgun to Blaze with a frown and inserted the GP-3 pistol into her belt. After distributing the rations equally, getting Heather comfortable with the medical kit and referencing the map with an everpresent grimace, she turned to face the assembled crew again.

"You have all been briefed on our mission. Remember this: our mission is to find or eliminate the black market here. If you turn the local people against us, that will be extremely difficult. It will also be difficult to sneak around wearing our uniforms so..."

She gestured at an unopened crate off to the side.

"That is loose fitting gear with neutral colors. It is the primary dress of the people that live here. It will be sufficiently warm for the season and is also functional. I suggest you put it on quickly so we can get moving."

After this she moved trotted back to the shuttle and had it lift off.

Kelsey with a significantly more affable expression than her superior officer headed over to the crate with a few quick strides, gesturing to her fellows to get dressed. She grinned as she snatched up an off-white outfit with a loose-fitting blouse and pants along with a slightly darker tan sash she tied around her hair and ears. She also slipped on a pair of wraparound reflective sunglasses to hide her eyes. Grinning she turned back to her fellows and urged them to hurry up as she slung her rifle (which she had concealed in a wrap of cloth) and put on a backpack containing her portion of the rations, her uniform, an extra set of clothing and the possessions she brought with her (including her pillow).

The other members of the team went forward and changed into similar outfits, though only one put on a hat like Kelsey, not needing to hide their race. Blaze in particular had a sour look as tightened the belt of his pants.

Kelsey mirthfully gestured for Adrik to get himself properly dressed.

Adrik grinned a strange grin at Kelsey, while lighting up a cigarette. He looked at the supplied clothes, with a thoughtful look on his face.

"I'm thinking that these people responsible for these blackmarket deals would be used to foriegners, considering that some of their buisness must come from other planets." He paused, then continued. "I think I'll head to Vathir, and look for a suitable bar or pub to begin the search."

He then grabbed a dozen or so rations and stored them inside a brown cloth bag, which he then slung over his back. Adrik then looked around, judging his surroundings. He looked up a nearby tree, spat out his cigarette, then nonchalantly started to climb the unknown species of tree. When he reached a good height he looked south, and grinned upon the City of Vathir.

"Almost reminds me of where I grew up! I'll be right at home in this city." He yelled down to his comrades.

He quickly decended out of the temporary lookout.

"Okay.. I'll be leaving shortly. Any of you ladies interested in joining me at the bar?" He said this with a sly grin. "For the mission of course!"

He put a fresh smoke in his mouth. Then leaned against a tree, his arms crossed and the unlit cig hanging from his mouth, as he waited for a response.

Marjorie, strapping the GP-1a to her back, looked slightly less grim as Adrik spoke.

"Finally, a bounty hunter with a little intelligence. You make a good point about them not being particularly wary of outlanders."

"Here's how I see us starting off: since Adrik is apparently hellbent on getting drunk, we'll split the team into three groups:

Group 1: Adrik, Kelsey, and Blaze
Group 2: Ian and I
Group 3: Brian and Heather

Group 1 will go about getting initial information, scouting and the like. My group will see about getting us a place to stay in town while group 3 will maintain a base camp out here. Since it is still morning here... that gives us plenty of time to get everything done. Meet back here at 2200 sharp. Dismissed"

With this she turned around, grabbed up her pack and headed off quickly without even glancing to see if Ian was ready forcing him to trot in order to catch up.

Brian hefted the pulse rifle and grinned searching for a slightly more concealed area in which to put their base while Heather just shook her head slowly at being left behind again.

Kelsey, whose face flashed a disapproving look at the sight of the cigarette, pulled her pack on with ease. She slung the rifle over her left arm and gestured onward with the other.

Blaze, with the sour look that seemed permanent on his face, began trudging as though the world was on his shoulders while still setting a decent pace.

Kelsey turned to Adrik as she began walking.

"I hope you're up for a hike, it's about 5 miles."

OOC:

Since Adrik hasn't posted, I'll assume control of his character and drop it from the plot. I'll move the plot to a suitable stopping point and wait for more people to show interest.

I'm thinking that if anyone is interested we can pick it up with your character arriving as support/backup or a native, about a week later. That'd give sufficient latitude to allow me to set up the characters with a home base and an idea of what they are doing.

So please if you are interested, PM/IM me. B)

IC:

Moving forward at a quick pace, the landscape went by quickly. Easily navigable with just enough hills to keep them from seeing the city they approaching, the land seemed to invite them forward into the unknown. Kelsey, noticing Adrik lagging turned to him.

"Are you alright? We want to make it there quickly."

Adrik just motioned her onward.

As Kelsey and Blaze topped the next hill they both dropped to the dirt. Cursing because she forgot to bring binoculars, she watched as a troop of 4 people in native clothing approached the town from their front left.

"Apparently that is the road to Volund," Kelsey whispered.

As she turned to comment this to Adrik, she realized that he wasn't behind her. She then remembered that he didn't have a radio.

"Now how I am supposed to find him?" she mumbled to herself. If it were possible Blaze looked even more annoyed and sour at this most recent development.

Only slightly miffed, she stood up and started heading down towards the road.

"Let's get a move on. He can catch up after he's done whatever crazy thing he's off on."

Blaze restrapped the shotgun to his back and headed down after her.

OOC: Mission still open, but unsuccessful for now. I'm going to have Kelsey come back from the mission to join in on other RPs til I get some volunteers for this one. So holla at me if any plots would accept a new character.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back