• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

READ ME Starmap Update Requests

Isn't that area specifically part of Kampfer's expansion region? Might want to check with him and make sure he's okay with that, since I know he had plans for westward expansion.

This is our plans for expansion: apuu.sh_kBoiT_6b456e522f.jpg

Aendri, I seem to remember promising you we will not expand in a general area due to plans for Elysia. Is that still going on?

38 star systems? That's almost as much as Yamatai has total. It's way too much, too fast, in my opinion. And I feel like Nepleslia has barely developed the systems it has. Even Nepleslia Prime is still the boonies. Furthermore, those systems couldn't count for fleet size because your system count would be way over the count of active Nepleslian players.

(Whoa, I just used the direct copy paste function to post this image without saving it first!)
upload_2015-10-7_9-38-45.png

How about we start with these 11 systems, and then once those have been explored/exploited etc we can go from there?

Key stuff
  1. Check the DATASS treaty, might need to run expansion by the other treaty members to stay legit
  2. To add them as claimed on the map I need names for them.
  3. Each system should get a wiki page. It doesn't have to be complete yet (can leave the details for GMs to fill in)
Also, I think I remember someone wanted those systems behind the Snot Nebula. I can't remember who, though. Elysians?

Yeah, I'd worked with Kampfer and he'd agreed that the northwesternmost 3 of those stars, the one just to their northeast, and 2 on the southwest end of the nebula are the ones that I'd asked him to avoid. Just those six, though. I believe the current plan for the Anoiktos is to explore a lot of those other stars in that area, 10, 11, and maybe the northern parts of Thor's Hammer?

The head of Thor's hammer has a claim on it (I need system names, people!). I also need system names from you, @Aendri, to mark the Anoiktos stuff.

@Everyone: The map is basically first come first serve, but I need names to mark it with.

None of them have been named, because they haven't even been visited yet. Functionally, they're nothing more than dots of light in the night sky at this point. Mark them as more EX systems if you absolutely need a name, the number designation doesn't really matter to me.

38 star systems? That's almost as much as Yamatai has total. It's way too much, too fast, in my opinion. And I feel like Nepleslia has barely developed the systems it has. Even Nepleslia Prime is still the boonies. Furthermore, those systems couldn't count for fleet size because your system count would be way over the count of active Nepleslian players.

(Whoa, I just used the direct copy paste function to post this image without saving it first!)
View attachment 3489

How about we start with these 11 systems, and then once those have been explored/exploited etc we can go from there?

Key stuff
  1. Check the DATASS treaty, might need to run expansion by the other treaty members to stay legit
  2. To add them as claimed on the map I need names for them.
  3. Each system should get a wiki page. It doesn't have to be complete yet (can leave the details for GMs to fill in)
Also, I think I remember someone wanted those systems behind the Snot Nebula. I can't remember who, though. Elysians?

I don't Understand a few things.

First of all I saw no objections to this expansion plan back in the Nepleslian faction planning thread. Had I seen any I would've had a clearer Idea nepleslias expansion around.

Secondly, and i want to be clear that I wanted to raise this in a more private manner, but why are faction size limitations regarding systems being raised against us despite there being a current hold placed on third hammer systems by faction that is not currently approved nor as well-established.

in the interest of fairness to the expansion of other factions I will give up the expansion to the north (save for the free state holdings) and accept your proposal for an incremental expansion westward as long as I have a guarantee that the Western systems we claimed in our original plans remain untouched for our future expansion.

At any rate I will start drawing up a post informing treaty members and directing my GMs to start naming the systems and creating wiki pages.

Aendris described systems behind the nebula are fine with me.

Functionally, they're nothing more than dots of light in the night sky at this point. Mark them as more EX systems if you absolutely need a name, the number designation doesn't really matter to me.
You can name a star you've never visited.

So from what I have read is my request to reserve stars for my faction has been put aside because Neplesia wants those stars but never put in a request to reserve them. And their augment is my request isn't valid cause my faction is still being built. I guess my question then is how does a faction get to have a place on the map, after they are approved, and two why would a faction being created, have less rights then a formed one, if the formed one never formally requested the area?
Tag @Wes

Wait, where are the stars you want, Yoshi? I need diagrams and star names.

So from what I have read is my request to reserve stars for my faction has been put aside because Neplesia wants those stars but never put in a request to reserve them.

Missing the point entirely; The image showing the expansion area Nepleslia wants does not encompass the 11 system your new, unfinished faction will be taking. Seriously, just look at the image kampfer posted, please.

"So from what I have read is my request to reserve stars for my faction has been put aside because Neplesia wants those stars but never put in a request to reserve them."

I think this is a misunderstanding. Nepleslia never had their eyes on the stars your faction is meant to take up home in. Also, our requested expansion policy had been available in the Faction Planning thread for nearly a year now.

I won't say anything about whatever changes have been agreed upon in this thread, or whether a developing faction is entitled any more or less than an established one.

I did however, think that first fact needed correction. I'll say it again now, Nepleslia does not and has not ever had its eyes on the systems in question.

@Wes That information is in this thread already with post number 39, Along with a picture, and name for each of those. You also commented on it.

I found it. Why so many star systems, Yoshi? Don't the faction rules imply that they should start with just one?

Wes, I think if nee factions were required to start with only 1 star system a bunch of recent new factions approved in the last couple years would need some major scaling back...

Everyone: For future updates please use the form in the first post.

Just a heads up, the next Star Map iteration is going to look a lot different than the current one. I'm starting to remove a lot of the lines that show how far the systems are from Yamatai, for one. Also I'm removing all the random unlabeled stars. In the future I will just ask for people to give me the sector block to put them in. Also I'm trying to put new art for some of the black holes, nebulae, and the blue rift.

In the future, instead of finding an unused star, just tell me where to put the star, using the form in the OP.

Star System Name (Required): Crias'roshya & Mona Rorta
Star System Wiki URL (Required): Crias'roshya (Mona Rorta does not have a page yet)
Grid Square To Put Star: Crias'roshya (2702) Mona Rorta (2802)
Faction of System (If Applicable): Raiconian Alliance
Image URL of Faction Flag:
fetch.php

Notes:

Star System Name (Required): Crias'roshya & Mona Rorta
Star System Wiki URL (Required): Crias'roshya (Mona Rorta does not have a page yet)
Grid Square To Put Star: Crias'roshya (2702) Mona Rorta (2802)
Faction of System (If Applicable): Raiconian Alliance
Image URL of Faction Flag:
fetch.php

Notes:
These will appear on the next starmap update. Please make a wiki page for Mona Rorta ASAP. I will start requiring wiki pages soon for all new starmap additions.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back