• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Artificial Metal Production or Creation?

Skhaal

Inactive Member
Alright, before I finished my planetary details I decided to start on a project. I am trying to figure out if Metals can be Recreated or Created by Unnatural means. Such as, one of my theories which generally would be a device capable of gathering the atomic components for a metal applying the necissary heat and pressure in order to create the metal rapidly. My secondary theory was a bit less believable and more of a 'What if' question I asked myself, hat if A metal could be artificially developed in a type of genetically created animal which could be safely harvested, kind of like a replaceable shell. My last theory however is similiar to that of my first, however slightly slower, creating the material as a magma-like liquid and rapidly resolidified in a large metal block. Theories one and two would most-likely be used in a Factory/Research setting as the second would be like strategic and eco-friendly harvesting.

Also while I'm at it, I would like to know How Zezuaium is created exactly. From what I've gathered it's created rather than an alloy or altered metal form. If created it would aid in my little project.

The link doesn't so much go into how that metals made, as in it's history and general charaistics, which everyone who's been here long enough knows already.

Some metals and metalloids have been created in nuclear reactors, like plutonium. They usually are radioactive and don't last very long.

Alright, I think it could be done if I went into detail with the certain metals the Ondhattr have. I read a few articles on Resolidification of iron I think. I will think of something but given my lack of resources and off chance the race won't be approved I will continue researching for a bit until I can soundly begin working on planet details.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back