• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Open RP] The Hanami Festival of YE 46

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE 46.3
RP Location
Kaiko Park, Kyoto, Yamatai
Kaiko Park, Kyoto, Yamatai
YE 46.3

In Kyoto's riverside district, the Hanami festival unfolded beneath the canopy of blooming cherry blossoms. This annual event was not merely an ode to the aesthetics and feeling of spring but a vibrant symphony of camaraderie and survival, echoing the enduring spirit of the Yamataian populace and their myriad interstellar comrades. The renewal heralded by spring's gentle touch roused the citizens from the sleek sanctuary of their homes, drawing them into the embrace of nature's newfound vitality.

The cherry blossoms, emblematic of life's fleeting dance, beckoned all to gather under their ephemeral shelter, to celebrate the moment in a union of diverse origins from old human families to Nekovalkyrja fresh from cloning vats to Concordians brought to life after being frozen for centuries. Thus, the verdant stretches along the waterways became a melting pot of cultures, where Yamataians and visitors from distant galaxies shared in the joy of existence, their laughter and conversations mingling with the day's vibrant energies.

Warm winds, infused with the essence of rebirth and celebration, of flowers and chargrilled meats, whispered through the streets and parks, carrying the scent of blossoming life. Kaiko Park, a verdant haven amidst the city's architectural marvels, was adorned with the soft hues of sakura petals, offering a transient gift of beauty to all who beheld it. Amidst the conviviality, vendors roamed, their offerings a feast for the senses, from the savory allure of teriyaki to the sweet charm of confections, all contributing to the festival's rich aroma.

Among the throng, Star Army of Yamatai soldiers mingled, their regal blue uniforms a testament to their role as protectors of this world, even as recruitment efforts subtly underscored the ongoing vigilance required in the Third Mishhuvurthyar War.

Thus, beneath the fleeting bloom of the sakura, a vivid illustration of life's delicate equilibrium unfolded. The Hanami festival, in its joyful exuberance and reflective moments, stood as a beacon of resilience, unity, and the indomitable spirit of Yamatai and its allies, a welcoming embrace to all who sought peace within its bounds.

Imperial Premier Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako, ascended to a podium to start off the evening's festivities. "Welcome everyone to Yamatai's annual cherry blossom festival, known as hanami, where we celebrate the arrival of spring and a new season of life and discovery. Like plants showing their renewed beauty after the long winter, so too should we show our best and enjoy our time with each other, for every moment only comes once in a lifetime. I would especially like to thank all the members of other worlds visiting for the IRC in the name of peace and cooperation, who are our honored guests, as well as the Star Army of Yamatai's personnel who protest the peace here. May everyone enjoy themselves!"

Dressed in a red kimono with her large blue beetle on her shoulder, Pidole Henitot clapped for the famous Taisho-turned-premier and then promptly get in line for some seasoned meat on a wooden skewer, staring at the vendor's display. Her green-haired friend Euikoshi stood with her and paid for the food with a tap of KS card. "It smells amazing! Let's get funnel cakes after this."

Yuri, and Luna, stood off to the side, as they watched and listened to Hanako's speech, and unlike many of their fellow soldiers/visitors. The two were missing things, though they were wearing beautiful necklaces, The Cherry Blossom Necklaces around their necks shining in the light. "Hey, Lu.. I was thinking.. after she's done.. lets go say hi to Hanako-sama, and ask if we can hug her?" Yuri asked her blue skinned companion.

"Think she would like that?" Luna asked Yuri with a smile, though the idea of hugging Hanako was intriguing, and as far as the blue skinned Neko was sure. It's never been done, at least by a star army member, or anyone.

Captain Aoba Kuranosuke, dressed in a traditional Japanese-style outfit, complete with his samurai sword at his side, looked almost like he had stepped out of a time portal. He found a spot under a large cherry tree, and began meditating. Although he rarely expressed his stress, he had a lot to think about with some of his loyal bridge crew moving on to new assignments as the Star Army attempted to find officers for the new ships it kept putting into service.

Dr. Poppy Pink couldn't help but smile a little at Aoba and left him undisturbed as she mingled around the crowds with her anthro friend, Gabriela Lively. The pair made their way from the rows of cherry blossoms to a main pathway that was lined with vendors.

"Who's the cool man, sitting over there, and the cutee pink haired, medic?" Luna asked Yuri, causing the youger Neko to turn and look. over

"Oh, thats the captain of the Resurgence, mom, and my high superior, and she's Poppy-sempai, my mentor, as a medic. She's super nice, and he's a awesome noble captain, though strict." Yuri said. and saw Luna smile. "ok, so talk to Hanako-sama, and see if she's willing to hug, and then talk to your captain, and mentor? I'd like to thank your mentor for teaching you, and your captain for letting you come aboard." Luna said to Yuri.

Yuri nods and skipped forward, making her way to Hanako thoughts of talking and potentially hugging her, filled her mind as she did so. "Imperial Premier-sama" Yuri called to her, as Luna followed Yuri.

Hanako was surrouneded by a pretty thick crowed of well-wishers, political people, and her personal staff, but she was trying to talk to as many people as she could so she eventually got to Yuri. "Hello! I hope you have an evening to remember," she told Yuri, speaking a little louder than usual due to the music and chatter from the Festival.

Yuri and Luna both smiled at Hanako, their Cherry Blossom Necklaces in full view, as a sort of advertisement for the new jewelry. "Thank you ma'am! I hope you have a good one too, we wanted to let you know, your doing an amazing job and.. have an unusual request, that perhaps you have never been asked before." Yuri said with the same loudness as Hanako had, since she wanted to be heard by her.

Hanako rubbed her chin, her gold eyes looking at Yuri with curiosity but also a hint of suspicion. "Thank you for your kind words. What might that be?" she asked.

Yuri knew what to do, and gave her best cutest smiles she can muster, hoping her pure intentions were recognized. "Well, if you'd accept it, we'd like to hug you, thats all. I've made it a personal mission to hug people, important people especially. My friend and I have managed to hug our captain too." She said honestly

"Alright," Hanako, "Be gentle," she added, since she was wrapped in a delicate silk cherry blossom kimono for the festival.

Yuri smiled happily, and nodded of course, she knew how delicate silk kimonos could be as she moved forward and gently wrapped her arms around Hanako, with as much care as she could. As she hugged Hanako, she had a blissful smile, as she now had two on her list of politician beings that she'd managed to hug.

"Thank you," Hanako told Yuri, returning the hug. "Please enjoy your time here."

Luna watched as Yuri hugged Hanako, a soft smile on her face, as she watched her cousin. She couldn't help but wonder, was Yuri just so cute that people are fine hugging her? She thought yes since she loved hugging her cousin.

Yuri smiled at Hanako "We shall, and I hope you do to!"
"Wphhas a phunnel cake?" A voice erupted from behind Pidole and Euikoshi, clearly still in the middle of consuming something. Kokoro Hayashi was in the middle of chomping down on a piece of steak, the Nekovalkrja having made it her personal mission to atleast taste every menu item being offered at the festival. It was her first after all!

"Well, imagine taking pancake mix, and then you pour it into a deep fryer in a next pattern and it gets crispy in there as it goes and you kind of end up with a sort of birds nest that tastes kind of like a donut, and you pour powdered sugar on time like a beignet. Look, we'll just show you it," Euikoshi giggled. As soon as Pidole finished her meat, the two took Kokoro over to watch the process in action. Euikoshi ordered three funnel cakes from the nearby vendor, a handsome Phodian with dark purple feathers and big brown eyes.

Not far, the acting Ambassador to Yamatai from the Hidden Sun Clan, a Qaktoro named Toidorno Sejgui, was eating a rather different meal thant he one Kokoro Hayashi was enjoying. The feline man had held out a paw and captured several of the falling, delicate petals, letting them collect in a small pile. He observed them with mismatched blue-and-green eyes, sniffed at them curiously, and without checking to see whether this was a common practice... Tossed them in his mouth.

Among the Clan, flower petals were a common addition to foods. They added color to a meal, as well as a fragile flavor, and trying a flower petal wasn't strange... At least, it wasn't strange back in their Territory!

Vasati's golden eyes spotted the feline man capturing delicate blossoms as they fell. She stopped next to him, her pale outstretched palms catching a few of the delicate petals in her hand. Casting a side glance towards him she saw them get tossed back into his mouth. "Screw it." she thought and tossed back a handful of petals as well. "Oh these actually do not taste bad at all." she said half to herself, half to the feline man next to her. The norian female's ears twitched slightly. Her face turned to look directly towards Toidorno, "Hmm...what are your thoughts on them?"

Toidorno, chewing thoughtfully, turned slowly to the speaker, seeing that she was only a half-foot shorter than he was. He observed sharp ears, fine features... And he suspected that this was likely an Elf, of the... What was it called? They had a polity all their own on Yamatai... Ahh, but she had asked him a question. In his naturally deep baritone, he replied. "They are... light. Soft on the tongue. They don't... " He paused, trying to remember the word in Yamataigo. "Cling to each other too much in the mouth. Easy flavor." He frowned for a moment, the expression wrinkling one of his prominent scars, the one over his right eye. He looked about, seeing few others were tasting them. "I... wonder if these are not intended for eating..." he wondered aloud to his new comrade.

A soft thoughtful hum slipped past Vasati's lips as she contemplated Toidorno's analysis. In finding that his conclusion much akin to her own she smiled just a touch. "The light flowery notes indeed would be greatly hindered if they stuck to the mouth like..." she wandered off in her thoughts for a moment. "Like some sticky sweets!" she exclaimed with a little hop, not having found quite the right wording. Lightly blowing a stray strand of teal hair out of her face she paused with wide eyes stopping immediately when he mentioned their potential forbidden nature. Two wide golden orbs looked at him with a little hint of mischief, "Well if someone does get upset about it, you can always blame it on me! I personally think they are delicious."

Her eyes noted one of his prominent scars as it wrinkled. "How'd that happen?" she asked curiously tilting her head a touch as if to look, exposing intricate tattoos along her neck and collarbone.

This was certainly a different sort of alien, Toidorno realized, and he couldn't help but grin, revealing the sharp teeth common to his species. She seemed as energetic as some of the fine soldiers he'd met aboard the YSS Resurgence. He reached up to his face, wondering which scar she was referring to. "Ahh... The... These are from duels." he explained, gesturing with a paw toward the one over his eye, and then the scar across the bridge of his nose. "This, a fight with an enemy." He extended a claw to the scar on his cheek, below his blue left eye. "I apologize. I am Toidorno Sejgui, acting Ambassador to Yamatai from the Hidden Sun Clan. Pardon me for not introducing myself to you, miss." He waited to hear her name and title, to determine how low he ought to bow.

The Qaktoro's sharp teeth mesmerized Vasati for a moment. It was not, because they were scary for in fact she found them quite interesting. Realizing she had probably stared a second too long she shook her head to come back to the present company in front of her. She paid rapt attention as he gave her a detailed summary of his scars, like trophies of battles fought marked in flesh. "No apologies necessary! We were just two strangers partaking of delicate and possibly forbidden flowers." she straightened the wrinkles in her kimono half hazardly. "Toidorno Sejgui it is a pleasure to meet you! I do not think I have met someone from the Hidden Sun Clan yet. Perhaps you would not mind telling me more about yourself and your culture sometime. Where are my manners?" she said with a slight bow. "My name is Vasati Akhai, Imperial Diplomatic Advisor for Tsenlan."

Toidorno appreciated how observant and aware this woman appeared to be. Her molten-gold eyes appeared to miss little. As she straightened her kimono, he took the opportunity to observe it, seeing the finery of its fabric and the artistry of its color. When she revealed herself to be an Imperial Diplomatic Advisor for Tsenlan, sparks of recognition found their way into Toidorno's mind. Tsenlan! The Norian peoples, also sharp-eared... Was he foolish for mistaking her for an elf? Unsure of the difference in their rank, Toidorno opted to match the dip of her bow. "Va... sati Ak... hai." he said slowly, attempting to pronounce her name. "Vasssati. That is a fine name." he complimented her. "And I would not mind in the least."

He took the time, then, to give her a fine summary of the Clan, briefly sharing its history, and then broad overviews of its culture. He moved as he spoke, unconsciously guiding her here or there throughout the festival a short distance, and his paws and tail joined him in the conversation. "I know a little of your Tsenlan. The world is a longtime part of the Empire, but the Norian peoples... They are... a more recent addition. As I explained... your people and mine both... fled to this place in an Exodus."

In all honesty Vasati's Norian features were quite similar to those of elves, there was no wrong done in mistaking her for one. The likelihood that other had and would continue to do the same was high, though she was not aware Toidorno had mistaken her as such. "I apologize if I have made a misstep, here I find a polite bow is the safest way to show respect. Amongst those I work with we usually tend to utilized sharp salutes, one hand formed into a fist across the chest, depending on the situation of course." She listened as he tried to pronounce her name, finding his annunciation to be amongst her favorite of those who had said it so far.

"Thank you!" Vasati's soft voice said in a bit of a heightened volume. "Some people have trouble pronouncing it, which is why if needed a nickname you are comfortable with saying is fine. I offer that to everyone." she said with a friendly grin.

"No misstep on my account." he replied, as careful and gracious as he could be. "Admittedly, I am not a professionally-trained Ambassador, only one who is... temporarily filling the role. My background is more... martial. Leadership-oriented. And oriented to... Me-cha? Mechie..." He frowned, not sure of the word. "Large metal walkers who shoot." he decided, a little embarrassed.

"OOOOH!" Kokoro exclaimed as she watched the cooking process for the funnel cakes, with metaphorical stars overlaying her pupils. A FARS drone floated over to rest on the nekos head, likely being commanded by the latter to record the cooking proccess for later... attempts. The neko looked like an excited little kid in a candy shop.

Pidole stared down at her funnel cake for a moment as Euikoshi handed it to her. "Oh!" she exclaimed, inhaling the sugary, oily aroma for a moment. Her beetle buddy Bidole came down to grab some of it but it was still a bit hot.

"I wonder if that big man from the beach is here," Euikoshi pondered to Pidole, thinking about that fling she'd had last summer. That was hot. "Carver," she said. "I should have got his number."

Pidole said nothing but she blushed a little at the thought.

The funnel cake that had the unfortunate fate of being handed to Kokoro barely got to last half a minute, as the nekovalkrja quite aggressively consumed the treat. "Mmmmh! Phuck... phats pho gooophd!" She grinned, swallowing the last bite she had taken. Kokoros face turned to confusion. "Big man? What's a beach- wait no scratch that I know that much"

Yuri was full of glee as she and Luna moved away from Hanako and spotted others of her crew. She grabbed Luna's hand and flew towards them. "look, theres Pidole, Bidole, Euikoshi, and Kokoro over there." She said with a small smile as she soon landed. "Hiii, Pidole, Eukoshi, remember Luna?" Yuri asked then turned to Kokoro and smiled "is it yummy?" She asked her. Though a part of her thought of her friend Aelya, and wondering if she was there.

Luna waved to Pidole, and Eukoshi, remembering them from when she and her mother had temporarily joined the crew for Yayoi, when Yayoi had to leave, to raise Yuri.

Pidole gave a friendly wave to Luna. While she waved, Bidole snatched up a chunk of the funnel cake.

Almost becoming a tradition since YE 43, a number of Nepleslian Reds themed food vendors had set up shop for "Red Hanami". For the Yamataians it was a time to celebrate life, for the Reds it was also a reminder of their exile from Kennewes and those that were not able to return for another iteration of life. The vendors ditched their techwear clothing this year for more of a blend of onyx colored techwear pants and red-maroon Yukata tops to better blend in with the Yamataians. Their white hachimaki featured a sakura blossom in the middle and the phrase in Yamataigo characters "Fighting Spirit".

A Taisa dressed in a formal Type 42 uniform stood at one of their stands, reading a banner prepared by the Fujiko Trade and Cultural Exchange Office about how the Reds celebrate Red Hanami on Fujiko with half-interest. What Sakurai Mizuki was truly interested in was the Fujiko Buffalo Burger the chef was presently preparing for her. He had clearly been watching too many Yamataian shows as he was making a show of it, juggling and throwing the meat patties and Ukmirt tomatoes onto the grill.

Poppy approached the Reds booth, recognizing the vendors as Nepleslian-Yamataians from the Southwestern part of Yamatai outside of the Sakura Gap where the Fujiko system was located. She decided to make some conversation and get a hamburger. "Hello!" she smiled. "I'd like a burger please, and a Dr. Poppy soda if you have them," she said with a grin.

A tall brown-skinned female with black eyes and silver hair at the booth nodded her head towards Poppy and smiled. "Would you like that to be a single or double stacked burger?" She said before she bent over to grab the Dr. Poppy soda can. She was completely unaware of who she was talking to at the moment.

"Double, please," Poppy said. Hey, it was a special holiday! She took the can and popped it open with a hiss of fizz.

The man finally finished with Mizuki's order and placed the burger into a wrap and then into a cloth bag before handing it to her with both hands. "Thank you for your patronage Taisa!" he said before slamming his fist onto his heart as a gesture of good will. He then looked over towards Keisha Del Rojo who nodded her head towards Poppy and the prepared grill to complete her order. "The pretty lady wants a double." she communicated with him wirelessly in a similar fashion to what Nekos were used to.

"Got it!" the big man said out loud as they switched positions so Keisha could begin cleaning the other grill. The man looked and winked at Poppy. "One Double coming right up!" he said as he starts spinning the spatula.

A short time after his pleasant introduction to, and conversation with, Vasati Akhai, Toidorno followed his remarkable nose to the scent of grilling. Of COURSE he followed the scent of grilling... Grillmasters were well-respected in the Clan, for it was they who mastered flame and iron and steel, and who turned meat and vegetable and fruit into something truly outstanding... The Qaktoro, over six and a half feet tall, approached the 'Red Hanami' vendors, relishing in the eye-catching colors and the mouthwatering scents. He spotted Poppy, an easy fit given her distinctive hair-color and bright disposition, and he joined her at the table. "That is a fine meal!" he said, glad she was taking full advantage of the available food.

"Ah," Poppy grinned, "Please join me!"

= = =
OOC: JP By Wes, Charaa, Hollander, Nakshatra/Ginger, Lizlopod, and Demibear

Today was not a duty day. No, today was a family day, and it could be seen with the large Duskerian assigned to the Koun, for today...

Today, at this festival, with her wife beside her as she walked, the same arms and shoulders that could rip power armor open, wield a dead suit like it was still powered, or smite even the mightiest of heroes from their thrones were taken up by a sleeping two year old boy who shared his mother's white hair and his mother's violet eyes. Near the giantess's legs played two dark haired three year old girls who so very looked like the Nepleslian farm girl Spark leaned over to kiss.

Sure, she still walked like one who would never yield in battle, was incapable of yielding, who strode through grinding crossfire as though her Normandy was a calming walk on the beach. But something in that raging spirit of blood and pain fuelled hate had changed. The beauty at her side had calmed the beast, turning the fire down low where it could offer a soothing warmth rather than forging steel soldiers. Sure, Spark's constant missions and her seeming lust for violence and destruction made it difficult for her to adapt to being a mother, but one could see in the care of how she moved and the soft deliberateness of her step that she couldn't hurt a single one of them.

"Are you ever going to retire, Beth?" Angela asked, seeing Spark stiffen for the barest instant, and softly shake her head.

"You know I can't. Too much work to do," Spark started to say.

"And only one you trust to do it," Angela finished before she gave a small laugh. "You're my wife, I love you, but could you please stop being such a predictable, bullheaded ass some days? And how many times have I told you to stop missing my lips when you kiss me?"

"You want burgers or not? I heard the Reds are making the best! And for all their faults, the Belmonts are damn fine cooks. Just don't tell the Koun's Navigator I said that."

"Which one's that?"

"Silverskinned bint. The one that decided to go commune with Naga'Shun while I was back home for shore leave. Can't leave her anywhere, ahd half the time her lover can't keep her out of trouble. You hear she got rowdy with the Neps at the IRC and nearly started a tavern brawl?"

"I mean, from what you've said, she's a Shuristan widow of a Nep Marine, so that... That explains a lot. The farm's been doing well. We've started growing Ukmirt Purples, and I've been talking with Nyx about negotiating some lovefruit trees for the orchard. Princess misses you. And I could use some help when the harvest starts."

"You know I wouldn't miss that for the world. Some days I miss that life. Slinging hay bales, you cooking on the cast iron..." Spark gave a small smile.

"On the brick stove Armora built. Aztec and Korolesha have been huge helps. But they keep eating the apples."

"You realize you hired on two anthro horses, right? Of course they're gonna make hay fries and snack on a few apples." Spark gave a soft laugh, careful not to wake her son as she walked. How's Mom?"

"Your mom's become an instructor for the palace guard. Your stepmom's still teaching at the university. And yes, we babysit their kids. Hera and Artemis have become great friends with the girls. Mike and Bernie play together every weekend. You know what it's like, having five girls running feral on the farm?" Angela gave a soft laugh. "It's almost enough to wear out the hands. I know you deploy... A lot. But please try to come home in one piece."

Spark's cybernetic, silicone covered arm gently wrapped her wife in a hug, drawing her tight as the pair continued through the hanami festival.

Last edited:
Nyx Pine, the daughter of the esteemed late Archduke Jack Pine, exuded an air of elegance and confidence as she stepped into the bustling Hanami festival grounds. Her every movement was marked by a graceful poise that bespoke her noble heritage. Despite the weight of her lineage, she carried herself with a natural ease, her demeanor a testament to both her upbringing and her own inner strength.

As she made her way through the festival, Nyx's wings, a striking feature inherited from her celestial lineage, remained neatly folded against her slender form. They trailed behind her like a cloak, their iridescent feathers catching the ambient light, adding to her otherworldly allure. Though often a symbol of power and prestige, Nyx wore her wings with a quiet humility, a reminder of the responsibility that came with her heritage.

The atmosphere of the festival buzzed with excitement, and Nyx's heart quickened with anticipation. Here, amidst the vibrant celebrations of the Yamatai Star Empire, she would not only partake in the cherished traditions of Hanami but also reunite with her beloved aunt Spark. The prospect of seeing her favorite relative after what felt like an eternity filled Nyx with a warmth that spread through her, dispelling any lingering traces of nervousness.

With her crimson eyes, radiant and alive with curiosity, Nyx scanned the festival grounds in search of her aunt's distinctive white hair. Amidst the sea of revelers and colorful displays, she sought out the familiar figure, eager for the reunion that awaited her. Each step she took brought her closer to the heart of the festivities and to the cherished family bonds that defined her world.

"She's around here somewhere, Nyx, trust me, and she's with her wife, Angela too, and their kids. Plus, you know she is very tall." Ancilla, a Power Armor AI currently inhabiting a Kaimon Colleague body due to a incident on the last Yamataian Ship she and Spark served on. Ancilla was still amused by the reaction, Nyx had in seeing her in this form too.

Nyx's attention was drawn away from her search as she heard the familiar voice of Ancilla, the Power Armor AI who had become a trusted companion to her family. Despite the unexpected circumstance that had led Ancilla to temporarily inhabit a Kaimon Colleague body, Nyx couldn't help but smile at the sight of her. The amusement danced in Ancilla's electronic voice, evident even in the synthesized tones.

Ancilla, with her characteristic wit and unyielding loyalty, had been a constant presence in Nyx's life, offering guidance and support whenever needed. Though the sight of Ancilla in her current form was indeed unexpected, Nyx found herself embracing the novelty of the situation, her curiosity piqued by the unique circumstances.

"And you're certain Spark is nearby?" Nyx inquired eagerly, her excitement renewed at the prospect of reuniting with her aunt and meeting her family. "I can hardly wait to see them all. It's been far too long."

Ancilla nodded affirmatively, the digital display on her Kaimon Colleague body flickering briefly in response. "Indeed, Nyx. They're here, somewhere amidst the festivities," she reassured, her tone filled with confidence. "Shall we continue our search together?"

With a nod of agreement, Nyx fell into step beside Ancilla, a renewed sense of anticipation coursing through her. As they ventured deeper into the vibrant throng of revelers, Nyx couldn't help but feel grateful for the steadfast companionship of both Ancilla and her beloved family. Amidst the bustling energy of the Hanami festival, she knew that she was surrounded by the unwavering support and love of those who mattered most to her.

As Ancilla walked beside Nyx, she couldn't help but notice different things about Nyx as well. "By the way, Nyx, is that a engagement ring i see on your finger. Which means, your girlfriend, Ezriel is now your fiance?" she asked with a smile.
ChatGPT

Nyx's cheeks flushed with a delicate hue of pink at Ancilla's observant remark. She glanced down at the delicate ring adorning her finger, a symbol of the love and commitment she shared with Ezriel, her cherished partner. The realization that Ancilla had noticed the subtle yet significant addition to her attire filled Nyx with a sense of warmth and happiness.

"Yes, Ancilla, you're absolutely right," Nyx replied, her voice tinged with excitement and joy. "Ezriel and I are engaged. It's still a bit surreal to think about, but I couldn't be happier."

Her gaze drifted back to the ring, its shimmering gemstone capturing the light and reflecting the depths of her emotions. The journey that she and Ezriel had embarked upon together had been marked by countless moments of love, laughter, and shared dreams. Now, with their engagement, they stood on the threshold of a new chapter in their lives, one filled with boundless possibilities and the promise of a future intertwined.

"I can't wait to tell Spark and the others," Nyx continued, her smile widening at the thought of sharing her joy with her family. "Their support means the world to me, and I know they'll be overjoyed to hear the news."

As they continued their leisurely stroll through the festival grounds, Nyx felt a renewed sense of gratitude for the bonds of friendship and family that surrounded her. With Ancilla by her side, she knew that she was not only supported but also celebrated for the person she was and the love she had found. And as they ventured forth into the festivities, Nyx embraced the joy of the present moment, knowing that her journey was guided by love, both newfound and enduring.

Ancilla's grin widened into a mischievous smile as she caught sight of Spark amidst the bustling crowd, her distinctive white hair standing out amidst the sea of festival-goers. With Nyx in tow, she quickened her pace, eager to share in the excitement of their reunion and the joyous announcement that awaited.

"Hey, Spark!" Ancilla called out, her voice laced with anticipation as they closed the distance. "Guess who showed up and with an announcement!"

The excitement reverberated through Ancilla's AI being, her digital consciousness humming with energy as she brought Nyx to stand before her beloved aunt, Angela, and their children. As they reached the small gathering, Ancilla's smile grew even wider, her eyes alight with a contagious enthusiasm.

"Surprise!" Nyx exclaimed, her own excitement mirroring that of Ancilla's. "Ezriel and I are engaged!"

The words hung in the air, buoyed by the palpable joy that radiated from both Nyx and Ancilla. In that moment, surrounded by the warmth of family and the vibrant energy of the Hanami festival, the announcement felt like a celebration of love, unity, and the bonds that tied them all together.

Last edited:
D3 Found her self scooting around a rather nice park as she continued on her little mission to learn more about the planet and the world to make it easier for trade and the like later on, and it seems some sort of festival was happening in said park as she scooted by it as people were gathering there, Looking at the trees there they seemed to be showing a nice color to them and people seemed to be here to admire nature.. at least she assumed so with what everyone was doing, but there was really only one way to find out, and so taking out a data pad she scooted into the park to start asking about the festival.

People seemed to be going around with others mostly in groups, she assumed they were families or partners of each other, she didn't want to disturb anyone so she tried to look for anyone that was just enjoying the event alone, it seemed some people where enjoying the time with games or food. Maybe it wasn't about enjoying nature? Maybe it was more like Makers day? D3 really didn't know as she continued to scoot around not really finding anyone alone to question so instead she changed tactic to simply scoot around and observe and listen.

And so the Small female would scoot around, stopping to listen and watch people, but doing her best to remain to the side so she didn't disturb them, sometimes poking her head out from a bush to look around, and over all just watching and taking notes. She even took a moment to taste one of the leaves from a bush or tree to see if maybe that had something to do with it, but while she could eat it perfectly fine no one else seemed to be so she surmised that wasn't the point of this gathering.

and so her little study continued, and she found herself standing under one of the trees and taking notes, simply sitting there watching the people to puzzle out the meaning of it all, at the very least it meant they didn't have just military asperations, something she had gotten a feeling of when she entered this specific sector of space, at least from overheard conversations while she was working on ships for passage, truth be told she didn't know what all to expect but due to her work she kept an open mind.

And so she watched and took notes, and on occasion would pop one of the little pellets from her rations into her mouth to chew on since she had no food with her. Silently under the Tree with the lovely leaves as she watched the people, to learn and to understand why, but without disturbing them

Angela let out a squeal of joy, breaking free from Spark to run to Nyx and examine the ring as words came flowing out almost too fast to be understood. "OmigoshI'msohappyforyoutwo!"

Spark gave a soft shake of her head and a laugh at her antics, though her smile beamed wide. "Congratulations, Nyx, I'd hug you, but I got an armful of tyke. I like Ez, she's good for you, so yeah. Support and pride. I'll try to make the wedding, I promise."

"She's only missed one birthday so far," Angela confirmed.

"Hey, at least I'm not getting locked out of my armor with a symbiote warning for being pregnant again, right, Ancilla?"

Ancilla chuckled at Sparks's playful jab, her digital avatar flickering with amusement. "Indeed, Spark, you have a point there," she replied, her synthesized voice tinged with humor.

Nyx couldn't help but laugh at the banter between Spark and Ancilla, her heart swelling with gratitude for the camaraderie and love that surrounded her. With a gentle smile, she reached out to embrace Angela, her joy mirrored in the warmth of their shared embrace.

"Thank you, Angela," Nyx said, her voice soft with emotion. "Your support means everything to me. And I promise, whenever the wedding happens, I'll make sure you and Spark are there to share in the celebration." As they stood together, enveloped in the bonds of friendship and family, Nyx felt a profound sense of happiness wash over her.

Mineko had been performing the Miyako Odori, sometimes referred to as "The Cherry Blossom Dances", on stage as part of her former okiya. Because she had been on the Reurgence, she didn't get a standout role like she would have gotten before joining, so she was wearing a blue, white, and red kimono that several other maiko had been wearing as well. It didn't matter to her like it would have two years ago; just having the opportunity to express her emotions through dance felt exhilarating and brought a sense of peace to the analyst. Plus, the pattern reminded her of the Yamataian flag and her own ship's livery.

The tree which Aoba had chosen to meditate underneath was not far from the path from the exhibition stage erected for the festival. Seeing him, her red and white painted lips pulled up at the edges and she stepped off the beaten path to sit near him. She settled into a seiza position with her legs tucked under themselves and her hands on her lap. The line between where her white oshiroi stopped and her hairline began was the only place her crew could see her skin, so she may have been unrecognizable at a glance, especially with her piercing blue and red eyes closed. Despite the painted mask of sorts, the genetic tattoos of scarlet around the sides of her eyes was still present on Mineko's heart-shaped face.

Yoshiro was walking to the festival with his brother and sister as they prepared to have fun and eat "All the things" as his little brother said. "Look, it's the princess lady!" Aoi said with a grin. Knowing that the former empress was now an Imperial Premier "It's not 'princess lady' she is Hanako-sama and she is a premiere." Yoshiro said to Aoi. "Come on let's go meet her, I am sure she will like meeting someone as rambunctious and precocious as you." Approaching Hanako, he bowed and introduced himself. "Hanako-sama, my name is Yoshiro Tanaka, Joto Heisho on the YSS Resurgence. This is Sho and Aoi, My brother and sister. They would like to meet you." He said, a bit starstruck at meeting a celebrity like Hanako himself.

Last edited:
Though this was her second Hanami Festival, Yuri was gleeful, her smile radiant as she stood beneath the cherry blossom trees with her cousin, Luna, and others from Yuri's starship, the YSS Resurgence. The air was alive with the buzz of excitement and the sweet fragrance of cherry blossoms wafted around them. Yuri's eyes, however, were on a constant search for a specific individual amidst the bustling crowd – a Norian woman who held a special place in her heart. Yet, despite her anticipation, she hadn't spotted her yet.

Luna glanced at Yuri, noticing the eagerness in her eyes. "Who are you looking for, Yuri?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

Yuri's gaze briefly flickered toward the direction she had been scanning before returning to Luna. "Oh, just someone I met last year at the festival," she replied with a mysterious smile, not wanting to delve into the details just yet. She knew Luna would pry if she revealed too much.

Luna raised an eyebrow, but decided not to press further. Instead, she grinned mischievously. "Well, while you're on the lookout, how about we grab some food? I heard they have some amazing Nepleslian Burgers over by the food stalls."

Yuri's stomach grumbled in agreement at the mention of food, and she nodded eagerly. "That sounds perfect! Let's go," she exclaimed, linking her arm with Luna's as they began to weave through the crowd, their laughter mingling with the chatter of festival-goers.

As they strolled along the festival grounds, Yuri couldn't shake off the excitement bubbling within her. Each passing moment brought her closer to the possibility of reuniting with the Norian woman who had captured her friendship's heart. But for now, she focused on enjoying the festivities with her cousin, savoring the anticipation of what the day might bring.

Hanako looked down at the trio of siblings with a warm smile, her golden eyes shining with kindness. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Yoshiro Tanaka," she replied graciously. "And it's wonderful to meet your brother and sister as well. Hello Sho and Aoi, I'm Hanako! My job is to help as many people as I can in the Star Army and in the Yamatai Star Empire. Do you like helping people?" She crouched down to be more at eye level with the children. "I'm so glad you all could join us at the festival today. Are you having a good time so far?" she asked, her tone gentle and inviting.

"Yup. We're going to eat all the things at the festival." Sho said with a grin. Aoi bowed and smiles. "We're going to see the blossoms too, princess lady." she said and grinned. "Then we are going to eat all the things at the festival." Yoshiro wanted to correct but saw she was having fun talking to Hanako and decided to let her talk to the premier. "I want to be like my bro bro and be a soldier in the army." Sho said with pride in his brother.

Hanako chuckled warmly at Aoi's endearing words and smiled at Sho's declaration. "That's wonderful to hear! It's important to have big dreams, Sho. The Star Army always needs brave soldiers like your brother to protect people against space monsters. And enjoying all the delicious food at the Hanami festival sounds like a fantastic plan too."

The Premier gave Aoi a gentle pat on the back before addressing Yoshiro, "Thank you for looking after your siblings and being such a role model for them. I wish you all a wonderful time here at the festival. If you ever need anything from me or the Star Army, don't hesitate to ask." With a final kind smile, she rose to her feet again, looking at the crowds and giving people a wave. She briefly reflected how she, as an introvert, ended up in the most public of jobs. But moments like this, meeting nice people, helped make it bearable.

Aoi smiled and bowed to Hanako as she was taught and so did Sho did as well. "Thank you for meeting us Princess lady and we are going to have lots of fun at the festival, but you have fun too." Aoi said. Yoshiro bowed in thanks for what she had said. "If it weren't for these two, I would hate to think about what I would be doing now." He said with a smile on his face. He took his brother and sister's hand and spoke to them. "Let's get going. We are going to see the blossoms and eat all the things." Yoshiro said with a laugh as they left their meeting with Hanako.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back