• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Senate: Defeated Proposal 100: Nekovalkyrja Are A Species

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Purpose:

1. For civil rights of Nekovalkyrja

2. To clarify the law.

Proposal:

1. Nekovalkyrja are not considered Artificial Intelligence in reference to Proposal 95.

2. Nekovalkyrja are considered a species, not equipment.

Re: Proposal 100: Nekovalkyrja Minds

Nekovalkyrja are the definition of artificial intelligence. As per the self-same proposal 95, certain types of Nekovalkyrja are considered military property, and must return their bodies upon termination of service.

Furthermore the fact that Nekovalkyrja bodies may now only be owned by citizens who are government workers or certified by the government to have these bodies, and the further fact that upon dismissing their citizenship these bodies may be recalled, makes it self evident that nekovalkyrja, while a race, are still a digitally, artificially existent being requiring these bodies to exist

Therefore they still fall under this law.

I vote no.

"I am positively inclined towards this, but feel that there are still gaps in the way Bill 95 has been attended to. I would like to hold back on Bill 100 until 95 has been resolved."

I do not exclude Artificial Intelligence as life, if it is capable of the same. Neko can feel, think, grow, and possess all necessary elements of living as a unique people with their own thoughts and opinions. I am not sure exactly where the line is drawn, or if it's even a line as much as a gradient, but I believe the Nekovalkryja and their civilian counterparts have long since crossed it. This is especially the case since the minds of the Neko are effectively interchangeable with those of other races, and thus have equal complexity and comparable capabilities.

Regardless of the need to return certain bodies, or the nontraditional way in which they are created, Nekovalkryja are indeed a race.

I would support this document, if the first part of the proposal were changed, as it implies a precedent that artificial intelligence cannot be considered life, even when the Nekovalkryja did indeed start out as such. I would also like the senate to consider expanding this to include the Yamataian and Minkan, for clarification purposes, as they are based on Nekovalkryja hardware and software.

Please note that I am not making this a motion for change, because it may warrant discussion on wording first.

It says "Nekovalkyrja are not considered Artificial Intelligence in reference to Proposal 95." That is not to say whether or not they are "artificial intelligence" in general, but rather that the law in question does not apply to them.

Sakiko, the Saiga Clan’s daimyo, generally remained aloof of politics. Though a distaste for the Nekovalkyrja war machines’ dominance over the humans that created them ran deep in the family, so too did an extreme loyalty to the Empire. Today was an auspicious one, however, as the leader spoke on behalf of her kin for the first time in decades.

“We were there when the first Warmaidens were engineered to protect our great nation alongside civilian bodies, both created as legacies to humanity. We watched as they asked for more — the right to retire as civilians and integrate into our society — and created the NH-22 lifeform so they could live as a part of the populace they fought for. Today, we stand and see them ask for more and more and more again, all in spite of being given so much. The Nekovalkyrja have been repaid one-hundred fold for their service to the Yamataian ideal and yet they demand further rights, as if any such rights have been barred from them.

"Still, despite these models’ greed and selfish desire to get more without paying the debt they all owe by the grace of being brought into this world, we abstain. The glorious Empress, may her reign shine eternal, should decide the best course of action for her people. Indeed, as a Nekovalkryja herself, her wisdom and insight on the matter renders all other judgments meaningless.

"To you, O-Himiko-sama, we look for guidance and no one else.”

Current vote tally: 1 YES, 2 NO, 2 ABSTAIN

Ningyo heiki body types classified as "Nekovalkyrja" are certainly equipment.

Vote: NO.

Current Votes: 4 YES, 3 NO, 2 ABSTAIN

Motion to close.

Wes said:
Current Votes: 4 YES, 3 NO, 2 ABSTAIN

Motion to close.

Motion Seconded.

Objection to the motion to close.

Objection to the motion to close.

This important proposal which needs it's time to be revised by as much people as possible.

"If our abstention does not count toward the total to find majority, the Saiga change our vote to 'no' so that the Empress' wisdom has a chance to reign supreme."

Current votes:

YES: 4

Wes
Fred
Shotjon
Toshiro

NO: 4

Gallant
Ira
Revolver
Raz

ABSTAIN: 1