• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Tutorial: Hidden Sun Clan - Interest Check

Hollander

Hey friends! This is the Interest Check for a Hidden Sun Clan plot that I’d like to run. I wanted to ask who might be interested before I (potentially) post the full write-up I’ve got ready, to make sure there are folks who really would sign up. Please read on!

Quick Summary
I want to offer a ‘Tutorial Plot’ whose purpose is to help writers create and develop characters who are members of the Hidden Sun Clan. The process would be fun, guided, and primarily one-on-one (with me). It would be quite similar to a Tabletop Roleplaying Game’s ‘Session Zero’, whose purpose is to actually develop the characters and their backstory. We would do this through in-character roleplay in the form of an ‘interview’ with the player character. More details would be shared in the actual write-up if there’s sufficient interest.

Plot for Aliens Attempting Baqnor
This is also the plot I’d use to guide and run interested Player-Characters through the Baqnor challenge, the Hidden Sun Clan ritual that demonstrates competency and strength. This would also involve a bit of a tutorial, as a character has to learn a few things before attempting the ritual. I’ve had at least two people express a desire to put a player character through this process, so we can use this plot to do precisely that!

If you are interested having a character of your own attempt the Clan's Baqnor challenge, please let us know here! You can get full details about that if/when I post the full writeup, pending interest.

Co-GM Applications
If/When I post the plot write-up, I’ll be gratefully accepting multiple Co-GM applications. I think this is a great opportunity for a first-timer who's never Co-GM'd before, or for someone experienced who's looking for a chill way to support a plot. The level of contribution I'd ask for from a Co-GM totally depends on the person. If you're busy, I'd ask for limited support and advice. If you really want to be involved, I will involve you. If you want to apply, please PM me on the Forum (not on Discord) to let me know why you're applying, and the level of involvement you'd like to have. There are a bunch of you I want to ask to Co-GM with me directly, but I felt it would be best to simply post the request and let yall decide if you wanted to apply or not.

You don’t need to be exceedingly familiar with the Hidden Sun Clan to help me run this plot.

Final Words
I know this Interest Check is pretty vague, but it’s just to gauge interest. You can always apply to the plot later (if I run it) even though you didn’t post interest here. I also want you to know that the write-up for the plot is pretty wordy, but I wanted it to cover all pertinent information. Chances are, the answers to questions you'll have will be in it.

Before posting this thread, I asked for and received permission from Wes to run a Hidden Sun Clan plot.

Tagging a few folks who expressed interest in their characters going through the baqnor.

@Charaa @HarperMadi

RPG-D RPGfix
Back