• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[OOC] The Colosseum

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This post is a work in progress.

Threads:
Each event will have its own thread, titled "Sampleguy vs. Otherdude" if a battle or otherwise appropriately labelled as the event's title.

Fights:
Fights in the Colosseum may by to surrender or to the death. If the Emperor is there, he may choose what to do with the loser. Anyone who wins in the area gets 10000 KS. Some entrants may not be qualified for ST backups (criminals, etc).

Possible Combatants:
Star Army Recruits (fighting for entry)
Ketsurui Samurai (proving their skill before their first assignment)
Star Army soldiers needing punishment
Criminals
Captured Aliens
Wild animals
Robots (?)

Weapons Available:
Depends on the fighters; usually we'll try to make it an even match. Then again, people there to be puished may get worse equipment. The Colosseum's interior is protected with a forcefield system that will intercept any projectiles emerging from the ovoid battleground in the middle, so weapons like pistols (both energy and projectile) can safely be uses, as well as the entire spectrum of melee weapons.

Very cool.

And put a big tick next to that Robots, if you'll allow Custodians to enter.

This is a VERY VERY cool idea.

Oh so a colliseum of gladitorial sport is allowed but not a non-lethal violent sport, eh? >_>'''''

Heh, robot wars sounds cool tho. ^^

Might be a great place for some budding robot designers to win some prestige for their designs.

Finally!
Skillz, skillz, skillz. A place to show them off! Yes!!
I am so going to like using this place Wes.

My samurai's almost done so I'll have two fighters ready!

But, is this considered an OOC arena, or an IC arena?

Cora said:
My samurai's almost done so I'll have two fighters ready!

But, is this considered an OOC arena, or an IC arena?

Well, take a look at the category the forum is under...

could we have a ship v ship tourney, in virtual reality of course :3 the YSS sakura V the YSS valiant would be awsome X3 two sakura class gunships going at it :p

This arena is probably not the place for it, but I think the Sakura was due for going into wargames with other ships from the first expeditionary fleet over two missions ago. Once the current mission ends, maybe there would be a possibility for something like it to happen.

I dunno though - it really depends on what Wes had in mind.

Daniel said:
could we have a ship v ship tourney, in virtual reality of course :3 the YSS sakura V the YSS valiant would be awsome X3 two sakura class gunships going at it :p

It comes down to who gets the first shot out... silly cannon. Now if the cannons were removed and replaced with an additonal armor bay, or a bunch of weapons turrets, then thats different.

It would be more useful to hold several competitions. Crew combat, Powered Armor Combat, Ship to Ship combat, Free form combat involving the three. And to prevent loss of valuble crew, use holograms, or make ST copies and extra bodies to be used in the battle, surviving competitors can have their expirance uploaded into their pre-existing body that did not compete. >_> Just a fun idea.

DocTomoe said:
...or make ST copies and extra bodies to be used in the battle, surviving competitors can have their experiance uploaded into their pre-existing body that did not compete. >_> Just a fun idea.

Now that's an interesting use of ST technology. It'd probably have Tom throw a fit though ^_^;;

I really think it should be against the nature of the Empire, and more suited for Nepleslia if anywhere, however; I'm sure fight mongering will win out over a social sciences. In other words: I'm feeling like it's going against what the pursuits of typical YSA citizen races (as written in the CCG) would approve of.

Actually Yamatai is perfect for this sort of thing.

It's a bit like the Roman's, they live a nice civilised life, but occasionaly they need to let out some of that rage by watching two people fight to the death, apparently solely for their pleasure.

Gives an enormous power buzz.

Yes, it wouldn't happen in a perfect society, but it is important to remember that Yamatai isn't, and never was meant to be a perfect society, there are grimy parts of it too.

Actually, and strangely, Nepleslia isn't civilised enough to have a proper colloseum.

Note there is a differnce between technologicly advanced and civilised.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back