• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What is Subspace?

Vesper

Inactive Member
I have been wondering for some time, but have been able to find a source to explain, exactly what subspace is nor how technology utilizes it. Could any of you guys help me out here and explain these things? i would be very gratefull.

In the real world, they are the same thing. There is no difference between the two just the connotation of how to perceive something that is unperceivable by the human mind. Sub implies that the extradimentional space exists within the space that you currently occupy while hyperspace implies that the space exists outside over or asem of the current reality. The only reason the two would be different in mechanics is because you have been watching TV show A and then saw something else on TV show B.

As for the 'mystically pulling energy out of the hypercolon'... that should about sum up my feelings on it.

ZPE and 'Aether' are completely different concepts from hyperspace.

An opinion.

I was looking at the game and considering playing when I saw this discussion.

I like theoreical debate, especially when reality is slightly suspended so.....

I was an avid fan of babylon 5 and Star Trek, and I've read almost everything Alan Dean Foster and Larry Niven ever wrote., along with a lot of E.E. "Doc" Smith. My own theory on 'subspace' and 'hyperspace' would be this:

Subspace is any reality that is included in moving through space time wihtout interference or utilizing movement inside space itself, such as wormholes, jump gates, teleportative devices or the like.

Hyperspace includes any type of faster than light travel where the traveler is still within normal spacetime but not necessarily subject to its effects, such as warp-speed, inertialess drive, ion drives, and other FTL movements.

I haven't dealt with realspace, so I couldn't make an opinion.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back