• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] - Senate of Yamatai Discussion

No that would mean there is no regional MCS government that is bad @Andrew

A System considered Imperial Demesne may not associate itself with any existing or future Region.
i.e. nothing between local and imperial

@Andrew @raz Hitomi was considering it, lol, that woman fancies herself a people mover.

I ran a diff on the various permutations, and this is still almost all my words. I like a lot of the changes so far that have been amended to it. Remember 117 wasn't defeated, it never came up because I never finished it and brought it.

And I want to point out some things about that defense force stuff:
1) Hitomi was trying to legitimize the Yugumo Keisatsu as the state police forces of the entire region
2) Title V Section 2 very clearly states "

No regulation or concept of System or Regional Defense Forces or similar entities or activities is permitted by this Act where such an entity violates the Military Centralization Act of YE 28 or Imperial Decree 14, item 1.

I.e. you can't make them because of those acts. I wrote this to be airtight in that regard.

No that would mean there is no regional MCS government that is bad @Andrew
Tell you what, I trust you with the direction you wish to take this. You make the moves, I trust your direction on it 100%. Just I do not want to find myself in another UOC situation.

I write a lot of secret monsters, Hitomi is just the one it took you this long to discover. Who knows what chain of events Katsuko prevented by sending her out into the Kosuke sector.

Just I do not want to find myself in another UOC situation.
I feel like this is exactly what Sachiko was worried about in my post. She coming from an insider perspective of, "Don't give us the option some of us will take it" while not trying to let on that they're not trustworthy or all going to regionalize/rebel because that's not fully true.

I'm planning on Essia to become a Suzerainty, and I also suspect that Ohara and Gashmere should also be excluded from any Imperial Demesne if being in it excludes the possibility of ever becoming a Suzerainty. Remember here that the point is to help people with making their own little culturally distinct places that contribute to the Empire and setting as a whole.

I guess it has to be asked, what does it IC add to have them be able to have their own defense force, since that seems to be the main push and benefit from this?

Thank you for the tag and consideration, Yuukster, but I don't really have many OOC thoughts or input on anything regarding the proposal itself. I just think that if "Core Yamatai" is all on the same page about it then Core Yamatai should be everything marked purple on this map with no room new for suzerains:

PjgkypB.png

Thank you for the tag and consideration, Yuukster, but I don't really have many OOC thoughts or input on anything regarding the proposal itself. I just think that if "Core Yamatai" is all on the same page about it then Core Yamatai should be everything marked purple on this map with no room new for suzerains:

PjgkypB.png
Might as well get rid of the “Core” part, then, as that’s literally all of Yamatai save for the MCS.

Edit: Assuming you’re going out to 60 LY, that is.

I guess it has to be asked, what does it IC add to have them be able to have their own defense force, since that seems to be the main push and benefit from this?

This specific proposal doesn't actually say much about that. The Military Centralization Act of YE 28 still controls military forces. I personally talk a lot about it because someday I want the IP to stand side by side with the Star Army in dealing with the setting's issues. I'm not hiding a "Everyone MUST have their own little military or else" ball anywhere. I support the option of a more diverse empire in the military sense and I've been pretty public about it. But this isn't about that.

Tell you what, I trust you with the direction you wish to take this. You make the moves, I trust your direction on it 100%. Just I do not want to find myself in another UOC situation.
With this in mind, I won’t update my post, then. Nit trying to be a pest, just trying to clear up any confusion.

Yeah it really is just a list of regulations that would apply automatically if one of those other acts or decrees were lifted.

I just realized Drew probably meant Imperial Dominion, which does make sense, but that is the default for everyone.

I just realized Drew probably meant Imperial Dominion, which does make sense, but that is the default for everyone.
Why I'm suggesting more systems be Imperial Demesne is because it means that those systems do not have a mechanism to lobby for suzerainty. But that they retain their local governance. At least that's how I understood things.

Why I'm suggesting more systems be Imperial Demesne is because it means that those systems do not have a mechanism to lobby for suzerainty. But that they retain their local governance. At least that's how I understood things.

suzerainty = local governance though. The Imperial Demesne is that they don't have local governance and are ruled from Yamatai. In the US, Washington D.C. would be Imperial Demesne for example.

On a side note, I'm losing the thread of what the proposal even is anymore.

suzerainty = local governance though. The Imperial Demesne is that they don't have local governance and are ruled from Yamatai.
That is not how the proposal works. "Regional Suzerainties" in the context of this bill become independent nations subservient to Imperial Yamatai.

Every system already has its own government of choice. Systems that are Imperial Demesne can never form suzerains. Systems that are Imperial Dominion are allowed to lobby for suzerain status.

@raz you understand correctly, that is the case, they cannot "join together" in any way because they are already joined by being that. And yeah i like the more systems in it you added

RPG-D RPGfix
Back